Heads up on my daughter's car going up for sale

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I'm going to be putting my younger daughter's Mercury Sable up for sale in a day or two. She bought a newer car and I told her I'd sell it for her.

It's a get around town beater in good condition. She wants to get $2K out of it. If you feel this is too much (or too little), go ahead and tell me so. This thread is in Off Topic and I won't be offended. I'm thinking about putting it up for $2,300. Remember, the car is in Florida so you would have to get it. It will go up on Craigslist in a day or two.

144,XXX miles.

Body is decent. Interior is, too. Side door panel glue failed on all four doors and she re-glued. Needs to be re-done.

She says there is a highway speed vibration. She spent a lot on getting the AC system repaired (Florida).

Has the better motor. I'll post exact details in the upcoming for sale thread. I will also post pics although I may have teasers I can post now.

Yep. I do.

22YkWVo.jpg

Qqx1T73.jpg

3NAWKG1.jpg

Kkaobqn.jpg

undefined.jpg

zYDV7Dj.jpg

Eu1CNtO.jpg

kaXP8hT.jpg

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Ha Ha! Yeah, I know. What can you do about it? We literally bought this from a little old lady a couple years ago. Her husband died and she inherited his car. I paid her a little over asking price because she had no idea how to sell a car. Didn't want to rip her off. She was asking $1,995 and I gave her $2K. My daughter spent well over a grand on AC repair and maintenance so I'm trying to get the original sales price back for her. We already have a firm $1,500 offer that I turned down.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
No. She washed it with a wash/wax product and snapped the pics (and left a leaf on the roof). $2K was a steal when we bought it as you can see from the pics. I am planning on hitting it with some detailer and snapping better ones. Didn't want to put it up for sale until I was back in town after New Year's. That's her 2013 Sonata in the pics' background.

Bub

Pitter Patter
TCG Premium
Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove

You wax cliff?

No. She washed it with a wash/wax product and snapped the pics (and left a leaf on the roof). $2K was a steal when we bought it as you can see from the pics. I am planning on hitting it with some detailer and snapping better ones. Didn't want to put it up for sale until I was back in town after New Year's. That's her 2013 Sonata in the pics' background.

:bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl:

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
The book value on these is crap but a clean, good running car with the top of the line drivetrain should be worth $2K IMO.

I will find out when I put it up for sale.

You guys have any opinions on price? Florida car driven most recently by a 20 y.o. girl and before that by an old lady who was 4 times that age.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I don't think a car driven by a young girl is a plus. My sister beat the fuck out of her car when she was that age. She fucking destroyed it. Hell she didn't even know u had to change the oil.

My uncle just sold his 96 Sable with 66K for $900. Car was from Florida, no rust and a old lady had it before him. Thing still smelled new.

Your car is worth what someone wants to pay for it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info