everyones leaving IL

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
It really seems like the powers that be won't change anything and just don't give a fuck. Is the solution really to just leave this god forsaken state?

"Since 2000, Illinois has lost 1.2 million more people to other states than it gained from other states. This is roughly equal to the 10 largest Illinois cities outside of Chicago vanishing: Aurora, Rockford, Joliet, Naperville, Springfield, Peoria, Elgin, Waukegan, Champaign and Arlington Heights.

All gone in a flash."

http://www.nwherald.com/2016/12/28/...e-problem-as-in-too-many-are-leaving/a3tjgq0/

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
Might retire and go buy this, probably $200 property taxes, wonder what the gross weight is and if you can just tow this thing around the country :rofl:

Oregon-Tiny-House-on-One-Acre-for-Sale-20-600x451.png

REDUCED: Oregon Tiny House on One Acre of Land For Sale

wolfe

in black sheep's clothing
Jun 2, 2008
Si Oh Em Pee Tee Oh En
I've been trying to convince all my friends to come down to Louisville with me. Didn't see anything getting better up there. What's gonna happen is taxes are gonna continue to go up to cover for the people leaving and housing prices are gonna drop because there isn't the demand. Good luck to those who are stuck there for various reasons. I hope things work out for you.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
There's a mass exodus from the city, and not to the burbs but see-ya, I'm out. And you're not wrong about "everyone." People from all backgrounds and professions are bailing. I believe I read that more people left Chicago in 2015 than any other city in the country.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
There's a mass exodus from the city, and not to the burbs but see-ya, I'm out. And you're not wrong about "everyone." People from all backgrounds and professions are bailing. I believe I read that more people left Chicago in 2015 than any other city in the country.

Been posted here a couple times also along with the entire state statistics.

Only place I'd immediately move to right now would be northern WI (as if I haven't said it enough) or Dakotas or somewhere northwest but the job market is slim pickings up there unless you're in a trade. I have zero issues with that other than the fact I'd start at ground 0 unless I make a radical occupation change right now and start working on a trade cert/whatever is needed. ...which is something I've been heavily considering recently.

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
The problem is people are walking away from their residences accepting huge losses, which is like 2008 all over again, values will plummet and even if you get an offer closer to your liking the buyers better have enough down because it will only appraise for their financing that is in line with the comps

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
If you want to move, I know good Realtors around Chicago. I used them selling my home (before I had my license, years ago) and they did a great job. Stayed in contact afterwards, too, which most Realtors don't do. I still talk with them occasionally.

As always, if the Florida Gulf Coast interests you, PM me and I will send you the best available homes.

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
I've been trying to convince all my friends to come down to Louisville with me. Didn't see anything getting better up there. What's gonna happen is taxes are gonna continue to go up to cover for the people leaving and housing prices are gonna drop because there isn't the demand. Good luck to those who are stuck there for various reasons. I hope things work out for you.

Unless properties are demolished someone will continue to pay the taxes (new homeowner, bank, etc) , the values go down like the housing bust, the tax rate goes up, why I paid like 35% less than original purchase price/tax amount yet my taxes stayed the same as they now value it even less than the 35%. :fu:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info