Is the Earth Flat?

Anyone here believe the world is Flat?

I've been trying to make sense of how people could believe the world is Flat. But still noticing things that dint make sense like where the 66000 mph wind of the earth spinning? How come airplanes don't fly from Australia to south America across the Antarctic?

They claim the horizon is Flat but only curved in faked photos. But then what about the eclipses, how do you explain them?

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
Anyone here believe the world is Flat?

I've been trying to make sense of how people could believe the world is Flat. But still noticing things that dint make sense like where the 66000 mph wind of the earth spinning? How come airplanes don't fly from Australia to south America across the Antarctic?

They claim the horizon is Flat but only curved in faked photos. But then what about the eclipses, how do you explain them?

this is why you should not jump in an airplane. as soon as you do SMACK back wall at 500mph dude.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Seriously please do some research and learn something in regards to physics, geology and astronomy.

Go into Google Earth and draw a distance line from Asia to the US east to west...then do the same North to South... you'll see why they fly the way they do.

Fuel savings and distance is why planes don't fly north to south over poles. They take into account distance, headwinds, weather and other factors that could cause a flight to be unsafe and inefficient.

Question: Why do flights from the USA to Asia travel far north (above Alaska/Siberia) rather than the seemingly more direct "straight line" across the Pacific?

A: It is shorter to fly the Great Circle route than a straight line due to the circumference of the earth being so much greater at the equator than near the poles.

Q: I often follow trans-Atlantic flights between Europe and the USA. Most times the routes are farther north, but sometimes they seem to be way down south. Is this because of winds and the jetstream?

A: The tracks across the Atlantic are determined daily to take into account the meteorological conditions of the moment. If there are strong winds, the eastbound tracks will be farther north to take advantage of them, while the westbound flights will be routed south to avoid the headwinds. Tracks can also be altered to avoid conditions such as volcanic ash clouds.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info