Amazon Go

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
That's an awesome idea. My Jewel just deleted their self checkout lines, replaced the 4 self checkouts with ONE 15 items of less line and put up a cardboard display of potato chips in place of the 2 former checkouts :rofl:. Such an extremely effective business decision there Jewel.

10thSVT_03

DRRRT PROSPECT
Feb 28, 2009
That's an awesome idea. My Jewel just deleted their self checkout lines, replaced the 4 self checkouts with ONE 15 items of less line and put up a cardboard display of potato chips in place of the 2 former checkouts :rofl:. Such an extremely effective business decision there Jewel.

Did the same by us. Manager said it was because one for me one for you checkouts are the reason. Too much theft.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
Did the same by us. Manager said it was because one for me one for you checkouts are the reason. Too much theft.

That's such a bullshit reason imo. If someone wants to steal food they can do it anywhere in the store. Half the time the employee working the self checkout area is either talking to other employees or jerking off. They could easily keep an eye on the self checkouts if properly trained to give a fuck.

10thSVT_03

DRRRT PROSPECT
Feb 28, 2009
That's such a bullshit reason imo. If someone wants to steal food they can do it anywhere in the store. Half the time the employee working the self checkout area is either talking to other employees or jerking off. They could easily keep an eye on the self checkouts if properly trained to give a fuck.

Why so angry..lol Just relaying some info. Didn't realize the pent up aggression surrounding this topic..lol

Didn't say I agreed with it. I only asked because I had a card to buy and every line had a long line of full carts.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I wonder how the brick and mortar prices will compare with Amazon's current prices?

How do they check to see if kids are buying alcohol?

How do you return things?

What if you don't have good credit with Amazon and walk out? Lights and sirens? Robocops?

Big increase in Amazon accounts getting hijacked?

What if there's a discrepancy between what's in your bag and your receipt?

Lots of jobs lost.

Just playing devil's advocate here. I like the idea of walking in and out of a store without lines but there will be difficulties in adapting to the system and making it close to foolproof.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
Why so angry..lol Just relaying some info. Didn't realize the pent up aggression surrounding this topic..lol

Didn't say I agreed with it. I only asked because I had a card to buy and every line had a long line of full carts.

not angry at you dude :rofl:. It just pisses me off to wait in even longer lines now. My Jewel already gets packed and they just removed 4 lines and replaced with one.

10thSVT_03

DRRRT PROSPECT
Feb 28, 2009
not angry at you dude :rofl:. It just pisses me off to wait in even longer lines now. My Jewel already gets packed and they just removed 4 lines and replaced with one.

I know I feel the same way. It's brutal! I like Peapod though as it makes it easier to not buy crap that's going to just sit and expire. Actually helps with planning out dinner for the family vs always eating out. However it's becoming almost a wash on expense in dining out vs buying food and the time it takes to cook cleanup etc.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
This is cool.

The tech Walmart is working on? Not cool.

Walmart plans on embedding all items with an RFID tracker. They are going to send trucks around the neighborhoods with RFID Antenna's and scan what items are in your house so they know who is buying what, and where.

The official reason is for marketing research so they can better stock the store. However, I really don't like this concept.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
This is cool.

The tech Walmart is working on? Not cool.

Walmart plans on embedding all items with an RFID tracker. They are going to send trucks around the neighborhoods with RFID Antenna's and scan what items are in your house so they know who is buying what, and where.

The official reason is for marketing research so they can better stock the store. However, I really don't like this concept.

Time to build a faraday cage around the house. :s00ls:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info