Talk to me about vacuum's

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I feel like my current vacuum does nothing but blow and push cat hair around. House is all hardwood floor with a few rugs and cat hair is my biggest issue. I currently have a cordless hoover.

Hoover® Air™ Cordless Lift Upright Vacuum

I feel I can benefit from buying a high end vacuum but fuck they are costly. Id really like to stick with something cordless.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Robot vacuums are also out of the question unless they can climb stairs. I have a split level.

I also have a split level; I have a robo vac for the main floor because its primarily where my dogs linger during the day. I then have a higher end Bissel that I use on the other floors and stairs that works nicely.

Robo vac runs every couple of days which deals with the bulk of the pet hair, and then we vacuum the upper and lower probably once every 2 weeks.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I also have a split level; I have a robo vac for the main floor because its primarily where my dogs linger during the day. I then have a higher end Bissel that I use on the other floors and stairs that works nicely.

Robo vac runs every couple of days which deals with the bulk of the pet hair, and then we vacuum the upper and lower probably once every 2 weeks.

This asshole cat runs all over. Thinks he owns the house. That is my issue.

Also how quickly do these "fill up"

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Buy Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal upright vacuum cleaner | Dyson Store

We have 2 cats and use that vacuum. Works great on carpet and hardwood. Got it in a refurb daily deal on Amazon for like $300

They have cordless but they're small and probably will need to be emptied a few times while doing a full vacuum around a house.

looking at this:

Dyson V6 Fluffy cordless vacuum cleaner | Dyson Shop

Price seems reasonable. A lot of people tell me dyson is junk and coreless is worthless from anyone.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
My neato needs to be emptied every other vacuum (I run it on the 2nd floor 3 times a week).

The downstairs roomba gets emptied every two weeks maybe? That runs 3 times a week but its the first floor and gets minimal use.

The 3rd floor roomba runs once a week and I empty that every few weeks.

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
looking at this:

Dyson V6 Fluffy cordless vacuum cleaner | Dyson Shop

Price seems reasonable. A lot of people tell me dyson is junk and coreless is worthless from anyone.

I've had dysons for about 15 years and they are like the AK47 of vacuums. They are easy to break down and never die. Sure you may find a better vacuum out there but once you have a dyson you won't be buying another vacuum for a very long time.

Thread Info