GLD tonight

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I practiced using the line-lock in a parking lot back at home. I wish I had screwed around with that before I went. The line-lock is ridiculously easy to use. I guess I stumbled using it because I thought I had to keep my foot on the brake to keep the fronts locked while the rears were unlocked. It keeps the brakes locked automatically for a max of 15 seconds...way more time than I need on stock tires.

I'm 100% sure my super-shitty 60's were not due to me being a newb at the track with a manual. I was having traction problems even when getting into second gear. At the gas station, I saw how much gravel was stuck in my tires.

I'm surprised no one at the track yelled at me because I'm sure I was leaving some of the gravel on the track.

I may try again on Friday now that I know how to do a burn-out. I don't even really need a full fledged one, just enough to clear the tires. Well at least I know it has a 110 trap in it, probably a little better if I can get it to stick. I know I've had much better launches on the street.

Mr. SBF

Keeping it Real with Ford Power!!!
May 12, 2015
Kenosha County
I didn't realize that GLD was open during the day on a weekday. If I ever have some unused vacation time, I'll know what to do!

EDIT: Never mind, they really don't open until 5pm during the weekdays, so afternoons are a no-go.

Last week GLD said they are staying open on weekday's untill the middle of November as long as the weather allow's.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Were you the guy in the blue S550 last night? If so, I was behind you in the blue 2012 in the staging lanes during the rain delay.

I figured there had to be at least on TCG’er there that evening…even though the place was mostly empty. I thought there was one more, it was a guy in a black Caprice. He had just made a post on here not long ago about running 12.9 or something. I’d have to dig up the post. I think the screen name was something like S91C or some variation of that.

Yes, that was me struggling to get a decent pass with gravel all over my tires. Did it eventually rain? I was about halfway home on 94 when it started to rain.

Dave M

TCG Elite Member
Aug 28, 2015
Gurnee
Real Name
Morefield
I made one last pass at 7:45, changed my tires, and headed home, where it started to rain around 41 and Wadsworth, and I was super glad that I decided to change tires before I left, lol. That black car was a Police Interceptor that was running 12.8-12.9, and I didn't know he was on here as well. I watched a couple of your runs, and you were spinning and wheel hopping pretty bad in first gear, but I found with my car when it was stock, that a mild burnout to get some heat in the tires helped a bunch.

I live in Gurnee, and I'm always down to go to the track, so hit me up next time you're going.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info