parking wars (rant inside)

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
theyre starting to pop up all over the place now..
- tesla charging/parking spots
- hybrid vehicle parking only
- fuel efficient vehicle parking
and others.

whats the deal? why does a "fuel efficient vehicle" get premium parking? why do hybrid vehicles get premium parking?

ive see a couple stores out here in the west burbs that have 8 or more spots near the building reserved for tesla charging/parking... of course its near the building due to the electric they had to run, but put it in the back or make them walk, idgaf.

IMO the only "premium spots" that should be reserved are those for the handicapped.

me charging my silveraydo, thank god.. cuz i was almost out of juice.
14572200_324995174526563_5554618583633116645_n.jpg

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
What constitutes a fuel efficient vehicle? My Expo is pretty fuel efficient for a large SUV, can I park there?

I semi understand the charging stations...longer you have to run the electric, the more expensive it gets. I'd rather see it off to the side, not necessarily in front, but not in the back.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
I park in those spots all the time no matter what I'm driving, and none of my 3 cars are even remotely fuel efficient. Never had any problems. I had a guy give me a "hell yeah" at the AMC movie theater in Mount Prospect as I parked my supercharged Mustang with no catalytic converters in the "efficient vehicle parking."

Not sure why anyone even wants to push "efficient vehicles." Don't all these "efficient vehicles" run on lithium ion batteries mined in China? Ever been to China? Took me a few days to realize that it wasn't clouds being the reason I didn't see the sun.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
there may be a relevant correlation between mental illness and drivers of electric cars?

for real though, this doesn't bother me. These are mostly on private property. I can tell you that the average guy driving a tesla has a lot more dollars to spend at my business than the average beater car double parked in a primo spot. Seems like a great incentive to draw some very specific customers to a place of business. And I would imagine tesla is paying the business or land owner for the use of this real estate?

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
They are the latest trend of look at me I'm saving the world. Imagine the fights/arguments that will ensue over who's car is more efficient :rofl:. Youtube videos of triggered Prius owners are always a good time.

I just want a don't ding my shit parking space, will those ever be a thing?

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Not sure I understand the argument. The electric only car parking... well thats a given for obvious reasons for charging.

However certain parking spaces have existed for years. Go in most parking garages and right near the front you have spaces that say "Compact Cars Only" Which usually get premium parking by elevators/exits.

Same thing different label.

BeerOrGasoline

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give a Hoot.
Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL
ADA & Electric Charging stations are fine, the latter just due to logistics of trenching to run power.

Efficient vehicle parking is a joke, as well as compact vehicle parking (assuming it's not a half sized spot at the end of row because Jimmy Earl Dean fucked up stripping measurments that day after too much MadDog)

Where's the big spots for large vehicles & trucks? Where's the motorcycle parking you can make almost fucking anywhere?

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
More incentives for people to buy electric cars.

This.

Most retail stores don't police the spaces but many universities make you register an approved car for a parking sticker specific to those spaces.

I park my wife's PZEV Impreza in the low-emitting spots at the grocery store. It says PZEV and has a green leaf emblem. Enough for me.

We have four electric charging spaces at work and even hybrid owners park there. Assholes. Especially when I'm testing an electric or plug-in electric and don't have enough juice to get home.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
TLDR, but I see you griping about spots for electric cars.

My boss who owns a Tesla literally calls the cops ANY time someone is parked in a charging station if they're not electric powered. Even if he is just driving by and doesn't need a charge.

Cops will enforce it and ticket you. Just saying.

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
TLDR, but I see you griping about spots for electric cars.

My boss who owns a Tesla literally calls the cops ANY time someone is parked in a charging station if they're not electric powered. Even if he is just driving by and doesn't need a charge.

Cops will enforce it and ticket you. Just saying.

there IS A LAW that allows that?! ha. nuts.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info