Who Drinks Bourbon?

BeerOrGasoline

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give a Hoot.
Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL
Eagle Rare is "single-barrel" 10yr old bourbon. They removed the single barrel labeling in more recent times to offer consistency as some single barrel's can vary quite a bit. Instead, they're taking the honey barrels (cream of the crop, all similar profiles) and filling the bottles that way. Consistency & "single barrel" for the most part.

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
Maker's 46
Blanton's Single Barrel

And I have a bottle of Colonel EH Taylor Jr. Small Batch that I'm about to open up and try.

Also, if you're starting, I always suggest working your way up in quality. Try the cheap stuff first (maybe don't buy a bottle) and go up from there. I think it gives you more of an appreciation for good bourbon.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Any good single barrels?

From what I understand and am still learning, Single barrel is aged in one barrel and anything else is a blended bourbon if aged in multiple barrels.

Also, do you guys drink your bourbon neat?

When trying one for the first time I'll drink it neat but subsequently will add ice. I'm still working my way up in appreciation. Currently have Makers 46, Four Roses bourbon single barrel and Breckenridge blend.

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
Thanks for the feedback guys!

Picked up another Four Roses single barrel and will be swinging by a local place near Wheeling that is getting Eagle Rare 10 year in stock by Monday. Not sure who else sell it but the guy at binny's that suggested Four Roses said he loves his eagle rare and it is very comparable for the price.

I am drinking some 45th Parallel straight bourbon tonight with a small cube, but, 3/4 of a glass :)

It's pretty good, but, not four roses good. I hope to try more and more bourbons.

CntrlFreak

Regular
May 2, 2015
d49990f2c1df5629e8bcd7ff62cdc6bc.jpg

I have a few not in the photo. So typically Bourbon is always aged in a single cask, there are exceptions like Makers 46 and private selection were they re-cask with additional wood slates that will short age for 8-12 weeks for flavoring. BTW nuttin wrong with Four Roses, I think I have some of those.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info