Thoughts on flying to Knoxville and then renting a car to stay in Sevierville...

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
Flying into that area is very expensive because there are no hubs in the area. Driven to Knoxville multiple times for wife's family and it's not terrible.

I fly often to that area and honestly I flew SW into Nashville for dirt cheap then drove 2 hours to Knoxville area. Otherwise you are flying United or American regional jets that are more expensive flights and seem to delayed the most going in and out of ohare

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
57 through Illinois is boring but the ride gets better when you get to southern Illinois. Indiana sucks especially through Indianapolis so I take 57. Stop at Metropolis on the Illinois border.

Superman's Hometown, Metropolis, Illinois

Tell them for every deer they spot you will give them $5. That's the biggest worry when driving down 57. I have seen more than one deer smashed per every few miles when driving through there at night. If you don't see any, give them some cash anyways for Nashville. Pack electronics.

You would take 65 to get to Knoxville, not 57.

As long as you arent alone, the drive isnt bad. Especially after Louisville and Nashfuck.

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
Looks like driving it is. One of the main reasons we wanted to fly was that one of the kids always gets car sick at about the 2 hour mark regardless of who's driving and what kind of car she's in.

Not sure how old your kids are but they do have dramanine for kids. It works wonders in my experience.

Ages 2-12 per the label

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I feel like it takes nearly 10 hours to fly anywhere after getting to the airport early, going thru security, waiting to board and then waiting to exit, waiting for luggage, etc.

Flying sucks ass.

:werd: and that's if everything goes your way too :rofl:

last time i flew our flight out west just got randomly canceled... night flight, 830 pm, they delayed it to 945 and then canceled it at 815.

wound up not being able to fly out til the next morning, had i just started driving when i left my house, i would have been in montana a good amount of time before i got there.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Flying into that area is very expensive because there are no hubs in the area. Driven to Knoxville multiple times for wife's family and it's not terrible.

DBAD, lmk when you make that trip again. I have someone I need to visit down there and I loathe driving that far. I'll just hop back in when you're on the way home. Ehhh?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info