RIP Matt Roberts - 3 Doors Down

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
Matt Roberts, the former guitarist from 3 Doors Down has died of an apparent overdose ... TMZ has learned.
Matt's dad Darrell tells TMZ he and Matt were just outside Wisconsin for a charity event where Matt was scheduled to perform. Darrell says Matt had rehearsal until 1 AM Saturday and the two went back to their hotel with an adjoining room.
Darrell says he was woken up around 9 AM by detectives who informed Matt had passed away overnight. Darrell tells us prescription pills were involved ... but he believes the possible OD was accidental.
Matt left 3 Doors Down in 2012 for health issues concerning blood circulation in his body.
Darrell tells us Matt was deeply loved by his friends and family and the loss is devastating.
He was 38 years old.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3lSLLklu7Q

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Damn. Way too young. RIP. Opioids and/or benzodiazepines can be seriously dangerous drugs. Not sure what he took, but can guarantee you one or the other was involved.

Have you been seeing a lot of gabapentin abuse? A new study out of Kentucky stated that in 40% of all overdose deaths gabapentin was either on the person or in their blood stream. I bet in about 5 years it becomes a controlled substance.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Have you been seeing a lot of gabapentin abuse? A new study out of Kentucky stated that in 40% of all overdose deaths gabapentin was either on the person or in their blood stream. I bet in about 5 years it becomes a controlled substance.

I haven't seen gabapentin abuse by itself, but what your saying makes sense. A lot of fibromyalgia patients have gabapentin prescribed on top of opioids for pain control. Adjunctive therapies are where pain management is at/going. Lyrica and gabapentin are on more med lists now than when I started in healthcare. Some of the abuse you are talking about might be a direct correlation to the decrease in Norco prescriptions due to further regulation and legal risks of prescribing opioids. People trying to get a high off of their other prescriptions more or less.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Yep I'm a LONG time fan of dr drew and he says that's the combination for the huge majority of OD deaths.

Yeah, it is bad. Both drugs by themselves can/will cause respiratory depression in the right dose. Add them together and that can be a dangerous concoction. Essentially you slow down breathing and the CO2 levels in your blood rise which trigger a cascade and will eventually cause death if not corrected. Probably the cause of the accidental overdoses. If you have a high enough dose, you can just flat out stop breathing righ there.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
You got it, man. Heroin is on the rise from what I hear. It really is the nature of the beast. Pain meds are necessary in certain instances but some people feel different than others on narcotics. Some people feel dizzy and sick and don't want it, but some people have a body chemistry set up to have pure euphoria while on it. It doesn't take much at all to get addicted to this stuff if your experience is straight euphoric. It really is an unfortunate mental illness after a certain point. Our country can do better for these people than our current views indicate.

FWIW a 10/325 Norco used to go for like $4 on the street back in the day. I hear they are approaching over $10 for a single 10/325 pill.(I genuinely don't know if those numbers are right, this is just from talking to different patients) If you add it up, heroin is a lot cheaper and easier to find.

P40E

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2012
I got a prescription of Norcos at the ER when I took a hockey puck to the face . They make it in different strengths , depending on how much pain you tell your doctor you're in.

Heroin is on the rise massively. I believe it's because it's coming in through Mexico . I think Pittsburgh , as well as other big cities , has a huge epidemic

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton

I just learned about this issue and it's getting or rather has been, awful in Ohio. Was just in Columbus and Cinci doing visits and learned Jan 1 pharmacies will be required to report to the state OARRS pmp system per the state for gabapentin filling

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
I just learned about this issue and it's getting or rather has been, awful in Ohio. Was just in Columbus and Cinci doing visits and learned Jan 1 pharmacies will be required to report to the state OARRS pmp system per the state for gabapentin filling

My new role is managing the reporting of data to state PMPs :). Massachusetts also will be requiring gabapentin on January 1st. MN is adding it Sept. 1st and I want to say that Indiana just did it a few months ago.

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
My new role is managing the reporting of data to state PMPs :). Massachusetts also will be requiring gabapentin on January 1st. MN is adding it Sept. 1st and I want to say that Indiana just did it a few months ago.

Do the stores have to do that on their own or are you sending large data files of all the stores to the state on the back end?

Glad to know about IN and MN those are in my territory and can ask if they know to do it, as part of my credentialing reviews they have to follow state guidelines let alone our contractual ones

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Do the stores have to do that on their own or are you sending large data files of all the stores to the state on the back end?

Glad to know about IN and MN those are in my territory and can ask if they know to do it, as part of my credentialing reviews they have to follow state guidelines let alone our contractual ones

Let me check Indiana again when I get into the office Monday, I could be wrong. We send the files on behalf of the stores once daily in a batch file.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info