explain me computers and 4k

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
Current setup been running around 4-5 years:

two apple cinemas 2560x1440 and 3rd Acer K272HUL 27" 75Hz WQHD 2560x1440. These are being moved to another workstation area in the basement.

decided to go with 3 of these with a desk mounted 3 arm mount.

ASUS PB287Q Black 28" 4K UHD
https://www.neweggbusiness.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9B-24-236-617

It sounds like display port is the connectivity I want to each monitor, so any suggestions on a video card(s) that should be powering these? I would like to occasionally play games but realistically don't spend much time playing so doesn't need to be top of the line so preferably a single video card if even possible with 3 display ports?

feel free to chime in, monitors ordered but need to finalize the vid card situation.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
If the words are getting distorted are you really getting the benefit of 4k? That means your images are also getting distorted. You want a 1/1 pixel ratio to get the highest fidelity image and that does not happen when you zoom.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
I lucked out and my GTX750 outputs 4K...hooked up to my new Vizio 4K TV...now I just need to find where Amazon Prime outputs 4K...and maybe upgrade my Netflix account...Still trying to figure out if the browser versions of Prime and Netflix will support 4K, but no one seems to have the answer.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
I lucked out and my GTX750 outputs 4K...hooked up to my new Vizio 4K TV...now I just need to find where Amazon Prime outputs 4K...and maybe upgrade my Netflix account...Still trying to figure out if the browser versions of Prime and Netflix will support 4K, but no one seems to have the answer.

Netflix is no. You can only get the 4K content through the Netflix app that's built into 4K smart tvs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info