tablets

garage door guy

Forum Sponsor
Sep 23, 2014
anyone use a tablet for day to day work type stuff I have a note 3 that gets me by quite nice but sometimes when I am trying to remote desktop or show customers pictures or videos it just doesn't feel professional and its hard to see. I am out in the field so i need something rugged and possibly some sort of Bluetooth or detachable keyboard.

any advice???

cap42

Restoration Hell
Mar 22, 2005
Bolingbrook IL
I have a Surface that I use for all my client meetings, I still have an RT since I only do emails and take notes but my counterparts are all running the Surface Pro as both their laptop/tablet and aside from the windows 10 start button bug there have been no issues.

I used to use both an Ipad and a android tablet, I hated the formating issues with the office apps, rdp and anything business related was always a paid app.

There are pro's and con's to each platform but for my type of work in IT I need a windows based unit to surface was a no brainer.

dberz94

Professional Slacker
Feb 14, 2015
I have an ellipsis 8 tablet I use for quick references when I'm checking stocks. Its 8" x 4.75" . you can get otter box rugged cases for it. Im not too sure about detachable keyboards. I got it "free" when I upgraded my phone with Verizon. It's on my data plan as well so its fast internet 4G LTE. It works for quick google searches/references and Netflix perusing. I think for most of the features you need a gmail account. It's a slower processor but it gets the job done.

EDIT: MOST PEOPLE HATE IT.
https://www.verizonwireless.com/tablets/ellipsis-8/#?sku=1230502

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info