urgh WTF Competitive Vaping

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
"We all smoked cigarettes before which you know causes cancer, so we switched to Vaping which is a healthy alternative"

:picard: :sad:

I think "healthier" would have been a better term. A few reputable sources have stated that they are far healthier than smoking cigarettes. There is some debate over a few compounds that exist in certain flavorings though. The studies you see where they find antifreeze and other fucked up stuff in them are generally conducted on shitty Chinese made devices you can buy at the gas station.

I've been using an ecig for over 3 years and I definitely feel better than I did when I smoked cigarettes. I have zero interest in attending any sort of vapor gatherings or contests, I just like (am addicted) to nicotine and find it a much better delivery device than burning cigarettes which have over 4,000 different chemicals in them.

P40E

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2012
I think "healthier" would have been a better term. A few reputable sources have stated that they are far healthier than smoking cigarettes. There is some debate over a few compounds that exist in certain flavorings though. The studies you see where they find antifreeze and other fucked up stuff in them are generally conducted on shitty Chinese made devices you can buy at the gas station.

I've been using an ecig for over 3 years and I definitely feel better than I did when I smoked cigarettes. I have zero interest in attending any sort of vapor gatherings or contests, I just like (am addicted) to nicotine and find it a much better delivery device than burning cigarettes which have over 4,000 different chemicals in them.

You use ecig which has nicotine ? I was thinking most of this new young adult vape craze is mainly around juice flavors now.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
Yes with nicotine. I used it to quit smoking regular cigarettes. I still have nicotine cravings but I think they're a lot more mild than when I smoked Marlboros. What's weird is when I switched from cigs to the ecig I still had withdrawals from the other chemicals in regular cigarettes.

One of you flatfoots accused me of vaping. Not even cool. From what I understand big tobacco is trying to get it banned cause they have no stake in the vape industry. But just like when smoking was at its peak popularity, the long term effects (i.e. Being accused of sucking "robot dicks" by strangers at car meets) have yet to be sown. I don't care how many times you tell me "bro everything about it is FDA approved for human consumption" but sucking fumes from a battery doesn't float my boat.

Either way, it's just another Niché market, another obscure hobby. Same thing with grown men spending stacks on remote control cars or blowing off social gatherings for "D&D" night or professional yoyo guys. Anytime there's something to do, there's a contest. But really don't get me started on the MLG. What a fucking joke.

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
Yes with nicotine. I used it to quit smoking regular cigarettes. I still have nicotine cravings but I think they're a lot more mild than when I smoked Marlboros. What's weird is when I switched from cigs to the ecig I still had withdrawals from the other chemicals in regular cigarettes.

Same here. I cut way down on cigs and tried to quit but couldn't. Now I use just an ecig with nicotine which helped my stop cigs completely and my sinuses are way better and I've not gotten any other chest infections since vaping. No mods or dumb shit on the ecig either. No huge vapor clouds. Hell I use flavorless or straight menthol juice with just a small amount of nicotine.

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
One of you flatfoots accused me of vaping. Not even cool. From what I understand big tobacco is trying to get it banned cause they have no stake in the vape industry. But just like when smoking was at its peak popularity, the long term effects (i.e. Being accused of sucking "robot dicks" by strangers at car meets) have yet to be sown. I don't care how many times you tell me "bro everything about it is FDA approved for human consumption" but sucking fumes from a battery doesn't float my boat.

Either way, it's just another Niché market, another obscure hobby. Same thing with grown men spending stacks on remote control cars or blowing off social gatherings for "D&D" night or professional yoyo guys. Anytime there's something to do, there's a contest. But really don't get me started on the MLG. What a fucking joke.

:bowrofl:
Usually owning a wrx and sucking on a douche flute go hand in hand. Just be happy you're an exception

I really don't understand where these stereotypes come from? I guess it's from youngins who's parents just buy them things? I don't like flat brim hats. I like American spirits and blasting punk music. My car isn't "clean bro" or "needs more low".

I think the one stereotype I would fit would be driving like a canoe of douches. But even that has to stop once I fit one factory child seat to the back [emoji15]

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
It's a stereotype because, like most others, it stems from truth. If you happened to stumble upstairs to Tuner Galleria it looked like Strawberry burnout contest had just occurred. Kids talking about their vape builds more than their car builds (probably because the car build could be summed up with air ride and rims).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info