Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Whos gonna follow along with this shit show? I'll probably watch the opening ceremonies tonight if I'm home.

I'll try and keep this thread updated with any lols.

Like this for example:

Although the highly anticipated 2016 Summer Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro don't officially kick off until Friday, soccer players have already begun competing – but not without some trouble getting in to the stadium.

On Wednesday, Olympic officials couldn't find the keys to unlock one of the stadium gates before a soccer match, so they enlisted the help of a set of bolt cutters to break open the gate, Sports Illustrated reports.

Officials were unable to get into the Maracana stadium, keeping fans from getting to their seats to watch Sweden's women's soccer team take on South Africa's, according to Fox Sports.

Last week, protesters threw rocks at the Olympic torch relay as it made its way to Rio The New York Times reports.

In another sign that the South American nation is not entirely welcoming the Games, in June a man tried to throw a bucket of water on the Olympic torch, CNN reports.

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
It's a financial nightmare. Unless you have the means to use the stadiums and facilities afterwards it's pointless. They build these entire villages and mini cities and they go vacant after the games are done

Agreed and one of the main reasons LA was actually a Olympics that was a financial success. They used existing infrastructure mainly. Not like most of these other places that go bat crazy building for something that will only be used a couple weeks. I also think Utah games was successful but everything else after that has been poor planning and economic nightmare.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
184438.gif

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info