Camping in Kentucky

Fast99Snake

track rat
Jun 26, 2005
So my girlfriend and I are looking into places to go camping in Kentucky next month.

Our ideal trip will consist of hiking/great trails and fishing in addition to everything else that goes with camping.

With that said, some places on our short list are Natural Bridge State Park, Green River Lake, Land Between the Lakes, Jenny Wiley.

I'm leaning towards Natural Bridge, Daniel Boone Forest seems to be the place to be for camping in KY and this is there.

Land Between the Lakes is closest, the others look nice as well.

Anyone ever done primitive or semi primitive camping in Kentucky before? Please chime in with experiences both good and bad.

We do not have an RV so that's not an issue.

The Bluegrass Nomad

Five-oh ho no mo
Feb 4, 2011
Sadieville, KY
Natural bridge is a beautiful park and there is plenty to do in the area. There's plenty of hiking trails and many different ways to get lost in the beauty of it. Also, there's a little Pizza place called Miguels nearby that is a Kentucky gem. Nothing like Chicago pizza, but always a line out the door.

Daniel Boone is nice, as there is a beautiful Lake to swim and fish in, but I'm not sure what the camping experience is like there.

Fast99Snake

track rat
Jun 26, 2005
Thanks for the replies, we booked @ natural bridge at the whittleton campground for next month.

My girlfriend was laughing about the "random pizza place" she saw nearby saying that can't be good, but after all the recommendations we will definitely check this out one night.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Most important item for camping in Kentucky is this map.

Wet+Dry+Counties+in+Kentucky.JPG

wolfe

in black sheep's clothing
Jun 2, 2008
Si Oh Em Pee Tee Oh En
[MENTION=7534]wolfe[/MENTION] could ask his co-workers. He lives in the Tuck

I have heard a lot about the natural bridge and red river gorge. They are on my summer bucket list to see with the family.

Another place I e heard about is Cumberland Falls. They have a "moon bow". It's a rainbow that occurs during a full moon. Only place in the norther hemisphere where that happens.

Cumberland Falls State Resort Park - Kentucky State Parks

What little part I've seen of the Daniel Boone forest preserve is beautiful and that was just from the highway. It's huge as well. The eastern part of the state is beautiful. It's nice here in the central part, but it's very pretty as you go east.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info