Evans Mills, New York

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
All looks well there. I'd go for the 4TB drive right now over a 3TB drive. The $$$/Capacity is better.

For RAM, i'd move to single 16GB chip over the 2x8GB solution. It is slightly more expensive for the single chip, but if you want you can add another 16GB later and still have 2 more slots available. The speed difference from dual and quad channel isn't even worth the time it takes to benchmark it when it comes to gaming. Talking about tenths of a FPS here.

i5 is good for gaming over i7. Multi-threaded support is still marginal in most games. A good savings for now.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
2x8 is better than 1x16. If you have a failure you're done with the 1 stick of 16gb. Plus you've still got two slots to fill with the 2x8 so going to 32gb is as easy as doubling up (and very unnecessary)

What ssd are you going with? Your link won't open for me.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
MB reviews mention bad layout of hookups. Also some quality issues and board size (short board). Could just be a few boards with problems getting mentioned by unsatisfied customers or could be real problems. You might want to check out similar boards before purchasing just to make sure this board is the best.

Wolfman

TCG Elite Member
Jul 6, 2010
Evans Mills, New York
seems overkill for league of legends tbh. That game was designed to work on slower computers. My buddy plays competitively with like a 750TI graphics card.

I get 200 to 300fps with a gtx 970 at 1080p.

I'm sure I'll play other games as well. I plan on shifting away from consoles entirely. League is just the main game I currently play.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Are you dedicated to just newegg? Amazon might have cheaper prices for most of those items. The HDD for sure.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...h=i:aps,k:Seagate+Desktop+HDD+ST3000DM001+3TB

Thats over $20 saved.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NN0GEXQ/?tag=tcg21-20

Never heard of seasonic, but here is EVGA 550 watt for cheaper. Its not modular, but still cheaper.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DZ6R9GE/?tag=tcg21-20

Just wondering if you were dedicated to Newegg. Thats all. I actually have an AMD FX-8350 build in a list on amazon for me. I forgot I used a Corsair power supply over the EVGA, but thats just because it has more SATA connections for more HDDs. However, I might not need it and scale it back down to the EVGA. I also dont have a graphics card on the build because I was debating on using it just to stream plex and be more of a HTPC, but I might just buy a Mediasonic raid box and keep all the HDDs in that.

Bigturbonotch

WAIT AND SEE
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2005
I dont mean to hijack this thread but I am looking to build an all around business computer....lots of email, some photoshop, accounting software, 3 monitors, ect. Does anyone have any suggestions on a parts list? I have bought a few out of the box dells but looking for something a little better.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I dont mean to hijack this thread but I am looking to build an all around business computer....lots of email, some photoshop, accounting software, 3 monitors, ect. Does anyone have any suggestions on a parts list? I have bought a few out of the box dells but looking for something a little better.

I would suggest a separate thread then. with your needs. People will comment to their hearts content.

Your needs are much less than Wolfman's and you should keep it in a separate thread.

Wolfman

TCG Elite Member
Jul 6, 2010
Evans Mills, New York
Wolfman. I have built 5 mid to high gaming desktops just this last year. Its a hobby really. But yeah I have had lots of the current hardware. If you need help, PM me. And try to get all your hardware from Microcenter. There is one in chicago and Westmont.

I live in upstate NY, thats why I'm doing my shopping online.

So far I've ordered:

NZXT S340 Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Case

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2x8 GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM 3466

SanDisk X400 512GB SSD

Seagate 4th HDD

Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3 Motherboard

I5-6600K 6M Skylake Quad-Core 3.5 GHz

Seasonic G Series SSR-5500RM 550W Power Supply

Cryorig R1 Ultimate Dual Tower Heatsink

I am waiting for the 1070 to come out. Any recommendations on keyboard/mouse and monitors? I'll probably just run 1080p, but higher resolutions aren't out of the question.

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
HIGHLY recommend the QNIX 2710 monitor, inexpensive 96hz 2k (1440p) quality. I got mine for $199 and it's running great.

Qnix QX2710 LED Evolution ll Matte 27" 2560x1440 Samsung PLS Panel PC Monitor | eBay

That's the link. It's been awesome to me for gaming and everything else.

Keyboard - G710+. Hands down the best keyboard I've owned so far.

Mouse - I'm running a G9x and it's been good to me, nothing spectacular about it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info