Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
What started as a peaceful Mother’s Day dinner at Kiku Japanese Steakhouse and Sushi Bar on Camp Creek Parkway turned into a massive brawl between employees and customers.

Video of the fight surfaced online showing people throwing plates, trays and an ice bucket into the dining area.

Sailyn Barlow, 14, and her father captured the incident with their cellphones.

“I’m actually thinking it’s very good stuff,” Barlow told Channel 2 Action News. “I’m thinking, ‘Wow, I’m going to have a lot of views on this if I post it. Wow, I can’t believe this is actually happening. And wow, I hope I don’t get hit with something.”

No one was seriously injured in the fight, which East Point police said started after an employee smiled at a difficult customer, according to Channel 2. They are looking for four men and one woman in connection with the incident, the television station reported.

Restaurant owner Charlie Son said his employees were just sticking up for the worker who took the first punch.

“He’s very upset, very excited,” Son told Channel 2. “He cannot speak. I told him to please go home, just calm down and take a rest.”

Son estimated he lost about $5,000 in business after people got up and left during the brawl. The people who started the fight did not pay for their meal, he told Channel 2.

Sherrae Barlow, Sailyn Barrow’s mother, said the family “tried to make light of [the brawl] so we could continue to enjoy the rest of our Mother’s Day.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNfLTHydrTE

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info