Don't try to use a $2 bill in Texas

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Danesiah Neal, an eighth grader at Fort Bend Independent School District’s Christa McAuliffe Middle School outside of Houston, Texas, attempted to pay for lunch with a $2 bill given to her by her grandmother, Sharon Kay Joseph. However, cafeteria workers at the school didn’t believe that it was real – they never see $2 bills, apparently – and called the police. According to Neal, the police officer told her that she could be in “big trouble” for using the bill which they believed to be counterfeit...

...Some semblance of sanity eventually took over and school officials called Joseph, who confirmed that she had given the bill to her granddaughter to pay for lunch. In the meantime, the police (who apparently didn’t have much else to do that day) went to the convenience store where Joseph was given the bill. They also took the bill to a local bank where it was eventually determined to be real. Phony crisis averted.

Forbes Welcome

US_2_obverse.jpg

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Not a good news day for Texas. In another story, a 7 year old girl wrote herself an excuse note which convinced school officials to let her go home.

A Texas dad says he wasted no time in transferring his daughter to a new school after the 7-year-old reportedly managed to get herself dismissed from school.

“I want Rosabella to go too dus (sic) 131 today!” the second-grader wrote on half a sheet of notebook filler paper in large print, addressing the note to the staff person underneath.

Though the girl was supposed to attend an after-school program on Monday, the note she wrote and delivered to the staff herself worked. The staff excused little Rosabella Dahu, she boarded the school bus and went home.

7-Year-Old Writes Excuse Note, Goes Home From School - ABC News

ktrk_bus_note_forgery_jc_160504_31x13_1600.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info