The hwy 90/94 wisconsin shooting this weekend

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
so fucked up

Deputies shot and wounded a suspect in the weekend killing of a man in a suburban Milwaukee apartment and the wounding of a woman hours later while she was traveling home to Illinois with her family on a busy highway, authorities said Monday.

It all began around 7 a.m. Sunday, when police in West Allis received a report of a man forcing his way into a pair of apartments. Responding officers found 42-year-old Gabriel Sanchez fatally shot, authorities said. The 20-year old suspect also had made threats to a member of Epikos Church, which canceled Sunday evening services in Milwaukee.

The suspect and his two brothers later drove in a Chevrolet Blazer to Wisconsin Dells, a city known for its theme parks. They were traveling south on Interstate 90/94 toward Madison on Sunday afternoon when a family of four — a 43-year-old man, his 44-year-old wife and their children — passed them on their way back to Illinois after a weekend in the resort city.

The 20-year-old man was driving the Blazer and opened fire on the family's BMW sedan, Dane County Sheriff's spokeswoman Elise Schaffer said. He shot the car twice, hitting the mother in the neck, authorities said. Another round struck a Nissan sedan, but the Florida woman driving that car wasn't hurt.

Other motorists called 911. Officers from multiple agencies chased the Blazer into Dane County, where deputies stopped the SUV with a spike strip.

The 20-year-old man then emerged from the vehicle holding a revolver. He ignored orders to drop the weapon and two Columbia County deputies shot him, authorities said.

Both the Illinois woman and the suspect were taken to the University of Wisconsin Hospital. The suspect's brothers, ages 30 and 34, were taken to the Dane County Jail.

At a news conference Monday, Dane County Sheriff David Mahoney described the woman's condition as "very critical." He declined to provide any additional information about the family, saying they had asked for privacy. Schaffer didn't immediately respond to a message later Monday afternoon inquiring about the suspect's condition. UW Hospital media officials also didn't immediately return an email.

The suspect hasn't been formally charged and authorities have not released his name.

Mahoney couldn't explain why the man decided to attack the family, saying only that it appeared to be random and the investigation continues.

The state Department of Justice is investigating the deputies' decision to shoot the suspect. They have been placed on administrative leave, Columbia County Sheriff Dennis Richards said during the news conference. One of the deputies has been with the department for nine and a half years, Richards said. The other has worked as a deputy for four and a half years.

West Allis Deputy Police Chief Robert Fletcher didn't immediately respond to a voicemail seeking more information about the Sanchez slaying.

Hunt for suspect in Milwaukee homicide leads to chase, shooting 100 miles away - Chicago Tribune

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Witnesses recount I-90 shooting, police chase - WKOW 27: Madison, WI Breaking News, Weather and Sports

DANE COUNTY (WKOW) -- Witnesses driving on I-90 Sunday say they came upon a dangerous driver who ended up in a police chase.

Multiple agencies from Dane, Columbia and Sauk counties are involved in the investigation into a police chase and shooting on I-90.

Dorothy Larson tells 27 News she was headed south on I-90 when she came upon a silver SUV that was swerving around and wouldn't let anyone pass, near Lake Delton. Larson says she saw a man throw multiple beer cans out the window and somewhere near Poynette or Lodi she saw a gun.

"He opened his window and had a gun and started pointing a gun toward all of us and starts shooting," Larson says.

Gjuana Hewitt, who was driving through Wisconsin on vacation from Florida, says her car was shot during the incident. She was trying to pass the swerving SUV, but the driver swerved to nearly run her off the road.

"We were directly behind him at this point. He starts chucking beers out the window at us and then I put my head down to take down his license plate and he started shooting," Hewitt tells 27 News.

Everyone driving nearby was on the phone with police, according to Larson, and eventually she saw at least three squad cars start chasing the SUV. Larson says law enforcement officers used spike strips to stop the vehicle near DeForest.

"He must have not been cooperating still because the police ended up getting out of their cars and from what I could see they were pulling their weapons," Larson tells 27 News.

A Dane County Sheriff's Office spokesperson says police shot one person on the highway, who was airlifted to a hospital.

Traffic was backed up for at least two hours along the interstate. Larson says while she waited on the highway, she was able to check on the two women who were in the car she saw being shot by the man in the SUV. She says those two were not hurt but their car had several bullet holes in the hood.

Brian Brown was among the drivers stuck in traffic Sunday afternoon. He was headed home to DeForest from Arlington when the traffic slowed and he was one of the first stopped by the scene. He was there when MedFlight landed on the interstate.

"MedFlight came in and there was ambulances and there were fire trucks that came in and blocked the roads. Probably 50 cop cars. We just ran right smack dab in the middle of it. If we would have been two minutes earlier we would have got right through," Brown tells 27 News.

Brown says he was stuck on the highway for two hours before responders started turning cars around.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
dude honestly in this case what would CC have helped?

instead of shooting back at this other car. slamming on the brakes and getting the fuck out of the situation probably would have been a better gig.. but even still this had to have unfolded so ridiculously quick that there wasn't time for that and sure as shit wouldn't have been time to get a safe shot off, across your wife.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
CC is always nice, but, at this point, either getting the fuck out of dodge (smart, if applicable) or using your vehicle as a weapon might've been the better course of action (not smart). Some scumbag pulls up next to me and points a gun at me on the highway, better believe my truck's taking a detour into his vehicle.

Blownbyyou

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 27, 2008
CC is always nice, but, at this point, either getting the fuck out of dodge (smart, if applicable) or using your vehicle as a weapon might've been the better course of action (not smart). Some scumbag pulls up next to me and points a gun at me on the highway, better believe my truck's taking a detour into his vehicle.

I wonder if insurance would cover that? I am assuming you would just say you got scared and jerked the wheel.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
I wonder if insurance would cover that? I am assuming you would just say you got scared and jerked the wheel.

Fuck yeah they would, but at that point, I'll put a fender on my truck out of pocket vs getting shot by some delusional fuck on the highway with a gun.

I drive that stretch of road twice a month too, scary...

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
We used to go up there for paintball tourneys back in the day and stay at the hotel right behind Chubbys so we could just stumble back to the room. HAHAHA

Any idea whats with the campground across the street? I thought it was "adults only" just not sure how much fun that meant. :rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info