When keeping it real as a gamer goes too far

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
hey ive been there.. these guys take it seriously.. no different than your favorite team winning the stanley cup or the world series. It's a rush, and if its something you are passionate about, thats all that matters to you.

When I used to get grounded, I would get grounded from the PC.. I was a HUGE computer nerd up until 17 years old when I really got into cars.. We turned down parties with chicks to have a LAN party on friday nights and no fucks were given.

I remember when i was HUGE into counter-strike, The first summer we got a Cable modem (Im pretty sure I was the last gamer on 56k ever...) I played CS for 6 hours. I was grounded from the computer for the whole summer.. I thought my life was over.

This was right when Beta 6.5 came out :rofl:

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
I used to throw 12-16 person PC LAN parties in my house. Once I had overflow and had to put people out on the back patio!

Shit is the real bidness! I once went to a FPS tournament, drive there and took my son along with my gaming PCs and had a blast. Took 4th place along with my team. Those were good times :rofl:

But you can't lash out like that in victory anymore... people are too soft for that kind of reaction.

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
Way soft!

ylXlZdU.jpg

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
hey ive been there.. these guys take it seriously.. no different than your favorite team winning the stanley cup or the world series. It's a rush, and if its something you are passionate about, thats all that matters to you.

When I used to get grounded, I would get grounded from the PC.. I was a HUGE computer nerd up until 17 years old when I really got into cars.. We turned down parties with chicks to have a LAN party on friday nights and no fucks were given.

I remember when i was HUGE into counter-strike, The first summer we got a Cable modem (Im pretty sure I was the last gamer on 56k ever...) I played CS for 6 hours. I was grounded from the computer for the whole summer.. I thought my life was over.

This was right when Beta 6.5 came out :rofl:

I had some good LAN parties in my younger years. Staying up for 2 days with either no sleep or very small naps :rofl:. Lots of mountain dew and monster was consumed. One of those parties we were trying to get the "7 Day" survivor achievement on Dead Rising. It was 14 real life hours you had to play without turning off the game, or dying, no saving etc.. We took shifts, it was awesome when we got it. Looking back at it now, I could do a 14 hour stint without blinking :rofl:, I guess training works. I'm still a huge fucking gamer/nerd. It IS a rush and you do get passionate about pwning noobs. :mamoru:

And to [MENTION=340]Eagle[/MENTION]'s point about people being bitches now a day:
Just last night, I was playing HotS ([MENTION=248]Atomicles[/MENTION] likes this) and our teammate did something stupid, I called him out on it, he bitched and moaned, went "AFK because you guys said something mean to me" we won and right before we did, the game kicked him for being idle. :rofl::rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info