The Thrill Of Drone Racing Will Come To ESPN This Summer

LiquidPen

Forum Sponsor
Jun 23, 2011
Bartlett, IL
wwzjrtgt55jnsosrtbxb.gif

Were you worried you wouldn’t get a chance to catch the 2016 U.S. National Drone Racing Championships this summer? Well worry no more, because ESPN just signed a multi-year deal to cover the hottest exhilarating drone racing events.

The International Drone Racing Association announced its deal with ESPN to cover drone racing events today, starting with the 2016 National Drone Racing Championships on Governor’s Island in New York City this August.

The event will be streamed live on the WatchESPN app for subscribers, and there will be an hour-long recap special on ESPN following the race. The coverage will include first-person views from the drones as well as the “action” on the ground as a cluster of stationary people stare into their visors.

Will it be exciting? Maybe it’s just me, but when I’ve watched these sorts of things in the past I generally have no fucking clue what’s going on. The little drones get lost on the screen and I get kind of nauseated.

Maybe it’s because drone racing hasn’t gotten the exposure it needed, and this will do the trick. But probably not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4flD2dClWbs

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• LiquidPen
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list