Camaro Clocked at 171 mph

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
The driver of a 2016 Camaro 1SS received a "coupon" after being clocked at 171 mph in Minnesota.

Hermantown Police Department Deputy Chief Shawn Padden was on loan as part of a Minnesota State Patrol "Toward Zero Deaths" DWI saturation effort Friday night when the radar in his Dodge Charger squad car started screaming.

"I had just come off (McQuade Road) heading toward Duluth, right by the Sinclair gas station," Padden said. "He was going north, or east, toward Two Harbors. ... The first speed that came up was 171, then 168 and then 143. When he went by me it was a blur. You get used to seeing people going 65 or 70 and what that looks like. But I've never seen anything like this. It's like a rocket on wheels at that point."

Padden happened to be right at a crossover and made a hurried U-turn heading for Two Harbors. It was 6:50 p.m.

"I hit the lights and siren and called it in to the State Patrol. ... I had to get my car up to 135 just to get close enough for him to see my lights on," Padden said.

Camaro clocked at 171 mph on Highway 61 | Duluth News Tribune

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
Year ago I got paced by ISP doing 123 in a 55, old crown Vic's headlights looked like fox bodies..... Lesson learned. I spent the night at CPD area 16, my 93' GT was impounded, I was given numerous tickets. I ended up getting a revoked license, $250 to get car out, about $3k in lawyer fees to get license back.

Yea ago I had a chick cop give me a ticket for 94 in a 55. I was doing more but she "was being nice" and didn't want to take me to jail. I bet it was more of a paperwork thing lol

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Worst ticket I ever got was 67 in a 45 (Palatine Rd. express), reduced to 65 in a 45 to get me under the aggravated speeding or whatever...took my online course and called it a day...just got pulled over in Florida for 70 in a 55 (it was a fucking highway and I was going with traffic :fu: )...again took my online course and called it a day...

In my younger, stupider days, I got very lucky a few times...many a time north of 120 in the Contour, luckily never got caught or pulled over...I don't think I've been north of 85 mph in the last 5 years on a public road

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info