Silly plumbing question... converting a Single sink vanity to a double sink vanity..

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
So i have traditional SINGLE OUTLET water shut off valves underneath my bathroom sink. I am installing a double sink vanity..

see below.

angle-stop-10733ab-10735ab.jpg

I need to hook up 2 cold and 2 hot lines. Problem is, I only have 1 shutoff for the cold and 1 shutoff for the hot.. both are SINGLE OUTLETs... Without changing out the valves to a dual outlet, is there some type of T connector that I can install directly to the single outlet, thus turning it into a dual outlet?

Something along the lines of this?

"Outlet Add-An-Outlet Adapter in Rough Brass"
b4198ef6-44ab-4441-993a-2ed15b51b055_400.jpg

I dont need 4 shut offs, I am fine with 1 master cold shut off and 1 master hot shut off. I am having trouble youtubing/googling how to ask this question.. as ALL RESULTS are telling me to just uninstall the single outlet shut off and install a double outlet shut off. that is NOT an option.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
assuming you currently have a single sink vanity, your plumbing is likely centered in the wall. Double sink vanities are typically assembled for separate hookups on both sides... so it really depends on the vanity you choose.

The proper way is redo the plumbing with copper and a drain on both sides. Putting in a double outlet valve or a T on the hot and cold lines and a T for the drains would work.... but again it depends on the vanity and if you have the room to do that.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
not an option.. that is why this thread was specifically made.

I'm in Jeffs camp on this? I shut off the water to my Condo and did exactly this when adding water for my fridge off my kitchen cold water tap.

You could add a T, but ever 'joint' you add, adds risk for leaks no?

But yes, you can just add a compression T like he sent.

10thSVT_03

DRRRT PROSPECT
Feb 28, 2009
Open the wall behind the vanity. T in a double drain and two more hot and colds with shut offs. When you go to sell at some point an inspector will easily catch that and you will be pissed when you have to pay and have it done than. Do it right once vs paying twice. Just make sure to have 5 degrees of pitch for the two drains coming into the one existing. I'm local to you and can give you a hand if you need it.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
I'm in Jeffs camp on this? I shut off the water to my Condo and did exactly this when adding water for my fridge off my kitchen cold water tap.

You could add a T, but ever 'joint' you add, adds risk for leaks no?

But yes, you can just add a compression T like he sent.

IIRC they won't let anyone shut off the water to the unit except a licensed plumber. AKA he has to pay someone

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info