TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Speculation is many of the plane crashes were due to poor maintenance, crappy airplanes or pilots who did things that let their planes run out of fuel. Most of the crashes were tied to one British company that had a poor service record. At the time, Bermuda was at the extreme end of their flight range so any malfunction or course error could be enough to prevent the plane from reaching its destination.

BBC NEWS | UK | Bermuda Triangle plane mystery 'solved'

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
I thought this was relatively well known and has been accepted for a while? The boats and buoyancy aspect of it, I mean.

I swear I've heard this somewhere before

I thought the disappearing plane problem was the huge mystery.

Its very well known. Same issue over underwater volcanos. The bubbles create an air layer that causes the boat to lose buoyancy.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
This has been a theory for a long time. How could they say it is solved. They didn't find many, or any, ships that had sunk and looked at evidence to confirm how & why the ships went down. So is this another case of the media hyping things with words that are more attention grabber than words that actually fit?

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
If you read about Flight 19, it sounds like the commander mistakenly headed in the wrong direction. Navy did not find him guilty because "the compasses failed". Excuse me? This was supposed to be a dead reckoning exercise. Sun sets in the West. How about flying into the sunset? This was suggested by other pilots in the flight but, probably because of military discipline, they followed the commander's instructions and probably ended up in the Atlantic (unless one or more turned around and crashed in Florida).

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I thought this was relatively well known and has been accepted for a while? The boats and buoyancy aspect of it, I mean.

I swear I've heard this somewhere before

I thought the disappearing plane problem was the huge mystery.

I've seen the boat tests before and it definitely can sink a boat.

But you'd need a large gas discharge. one large enough to get enough of the boat under the water line that it can flood it. Or it would have to capsize it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info