Cheaper Drones

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
youll end up with a tiny one for that price. I recommend the Hubsan brand line though for starting out. Cheap, easy to fix but controls like a professional drone and parts are cheap/easy to find. It has a quality controller but since it is small....tends to be hard to get it to hover in place. The nice thing is its small enough to play with inside too...but it is FAST so be prepared! I got one for Xmas and love the thing. The camera quality is eh but thats expected since its a pinhole camera.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00P79ZQIA/?tag=tcg21-20

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I went Hubsan for my first multi-rotor and wish I started with a more entry-level unit. The Hubsan is no joke and without prop guards I sliced my finger open one time when I flew it into myself while learning how to fly these things - a lot different than the little helicopters.

I'd probably start with one of these: Blade® Inductrix

BLH8700_b0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ula9Bn70uv4

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
I went Hubsan for my first multi-rotor and wish I started with a more entry-level unit. The Hubsan is no joke and without prop guards I sliced my finger open one time when I flew it into myself while learning how to fly these things - a lot different than the little helicopters.

Yeah the Hubsans are legit mini drones. I personally wouldnt buy it as a "toy" after playing with it. There is a decent learning curve just to get it to fly around without hitting everything :rofl:.

Ive hit it with my hand a couple times and the little fucker hurts!

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
I never even considered one of those because they don't have guards for the blades. you guys have to replace em every time you hit shit?

Ive hit things about 6 times and im still on the original blades so they are somewhat resilient. fuck the guard!

and it also comes with a full spare set.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info