Been a little while!

Ti28

Cupcake
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2013
Bartlett
Figured I'd give a quick check in and update.

Some of you guys know I started my new gig on the 1st. Needless to say it's been a fucking blast so far!

Learning new shit and working on new things.

I'm working on forestry equipment now. If it cuts wood I work on it.

It's not a hard work by any means, nor is it easy. But I'm constantly busy from 7am to 6pm.

The pay and benefits are great. And I don't have to deal with half of the shit I used to.

I did a clutch today on a chipper and it took 4 hours. That don't happen with trucks and I stood the whole time.

Here's some pics. If I remember; I'll update this.

0c8430ea69ea29096f2fcb62b338cc93.jpg

b0e63c660c4d5d2dd65dfd38fee1081b.jpg

c9c2d64b56efe7761371ea11f71ffa31.jpg

https://vimeo.com/154668688

Ti28

Cupcake
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2013
Bartlett
Never knew wood chippers had a clutch.

Gotta engage the drives. The older style clutches are new to me. But the new style with the gassers, it's the standard shit.

Morbark FTMFW great machines sweet big I bet u see some really mangled drums

Morbark, Boxer, Vermeer all shit I deal with now.

I'll grab a pic of our yard tomorrow, half the shit is waiting to come into the shop.

I've yet to see some fucked up shit. But you said drum, so you must be familiar with them. I had to burn in new teeth and knifes on a feed wheel today. Only a 3 hour job. Had to "bake" the new parts because they are hardened steel.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Glad you're enjoying the new job.

Chippers aren't a joke if you don't know what you're doing. I worked with a tree service company for a couple years with a contract for the water reclamation. Worked all around cook county (Des Plaines River, Chicago River, creeks, streams, ect.) We would clean up beaver dams, trim the sides of the banks, cut down dead ash trees, ect.

Ti28

Cupcake
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2013
Bartlett
I'm fucking terrified of those chippers...I get uncomfortable just driving passed a running one...I don't think I could ever work with one

The one I'm currently working on, I have to check the anvil. Which involves bringing the top feed wheel up and baring it. Then crawling between them into the feed. I'll snap a picture tomorrow.

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
Baddass man. So you're the guy I would go to if I needed to dispose of a body?

As I told the guy that hit on my wife "I dig holes in 6 counties, they'll never find your body". Wood chippers get too messy and they're too loud and I can quietly dig a 3'x3'x3' hole in no time

[MENTION=10801]Ti28[/MENTION] Tim do you ever have to do field repairs or are you just a garage monkey?

Mr. SBF

Keeping it Real with Ford Power!!!
May 12, 2015
Kenosha County
Yea, for sure! lol

My boss has seen the aftermath of someone getting sucked in. Says it's not a pretty sight.

One of my buddies was a tree trimmer he and his crew were about mile away don't remember how many blocks he said it was but was it was far from the guy who got sucked in... They were taking break at the time when the guy got sucked in. This was in the city of Kenosha years ago. He said the screams from the guy were so loud it sounded like he was only a block away... One Terrible way to go!

Ti28

Cupcake
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2013
Bartlett
[MENTION=10801]Ti28[/MENTION] Tim do you ever have to do field repairs or are you just a garage monkey?

Shop monkey only. We have one guy who goes out if need be and will take a second if needed.

Only thing we really go out on site is for the LARGE tub grinders and that's no starts and quick things.

Not much we can do on site.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info