Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
JwOKJRW.jpg

This is our OWN standalone tapatalk app (complete with nostalgia throwback for android :rofl:). It will be updated further in the coming weeks to include access to your notifications, etc. Ive been using this for about two weeks and it works just as good as the official tapa app, but without all the extra bloat.

FYI, you can upload pics AND videos directly from this app.

Enjoy!

Something I strongly recommend to ANYONE using tapa, Settings > Edit Discussion Card > Show Photo Preview > Uncheck.

My other suggested settings:

Use Dark Mode
Under discussion card - Uncheck user avatar and check gray out read discussions.
Under discussion view - 20 posts per page & loading behavior (jump to most recent)

Also, make sure to rate us 5 stars :)

Click here to download for Android!

The app is now avaible on iOS as well. Search "The Chicago Garage". :bigthumb:

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Nice work, Mook! Did you do this for the sole purpose of getting rid of tapa bloat?

1. Yes, the main app has a ton of extra crap attached to it (even tho yes, you can just create a widget).
2. I wanted everyone who lives on their phone to be able to physically download us, which should encourage them to visit the forum more often.
3. Fuck the police.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Couple things to note:

1. When I searched in the play store, I couldn't find it. I used the link in the OP which was kind of a pain in the ass.

2. How is this any different than the tapa app with widget shortcut? It looks exactly the same.

3. Fuck the police.

1. You suck at reading.
1a. See 1. It takes somewhere up to 24 hours for the app to become searchable. We also just changed the app name so that its easier to find, since for whatever reason TCG is actually a game on android and has like 100 results for it.

2. It is the same, its still tapatalk at its core. The difference is, its a standalone app. No need for the official tapatalk app which comes with a fuckton of settings, options, trending tabs, etc. This is a simple app that allows people to download US and only us. I can also dictate what tabs show up, what opens first when someone opens the app, stuff like that.

3. See 1-2.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info