Your Second Official Top Gear Presenter Is....

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Matt LeBlanc....wait what?! :rofl:

Chris Harris? Sabine Schmitz? David Coulthard? Nope. Instead, it’s Joey Tribbiani’s time on Top Gear, ladies and gentlemen.

As the BBC points out, Matt LeBlanc’s appointment marks the first time the show has ever had a non-British host in its 39-year history. Honestly, I did not see this coming.

Having said that, Matt LeBlanc and the BBC are not new to each other. As well as starring in the Showtime/BBC Two sitcom Episodes, the star also went on Top Gear twice as a guest, becoming the fastest celebrity to date around the Top Gear track in its reasonably priced car as well. And he only needed a bit of practice to get there (the video works):

Referred to as a “lifelong fellow petrolhead” by new Clarkson Chris Evans, LeBlanc also presented the recent standalone spin-off Top Gear: The Races.

The former Friends star also seems to know his way around the Top Gear test track driving something more powerful than an economy hatchback, which had to count as a plus.
Additional cast members will be announced soon.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Remember, when TG first started, Clarkson was the only one that had TV experience...Hammond was a radio DJ and May was a writer for a car magazine. I think for a show like this, cohesion and compatibility is more important than on screen experience....but that's just my opinion

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
He seemed rather dull when he was on TG. Granted, he wasn't there to be a presenter and I'm sure he can turn on his happy face, but I didn't see very much emotion from him.

I think you're used to Joey-Matt LeBlanc...Even though TG is a bit "reality" it's still very much scripted, and I'm sure he can and will turn it up a bit. But even then, James May is pretty dull, but he compliments the overactive JC and Richard pretty well.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I think you're used to Joey-Matt LeBlanc...Even though TG is a bit "reality" it's still very much scripted, and I'm sure he can and will turn it up a bit. But even then, James May is pretty dull, but he compliments the overactive JC and Richard pretty well.

Jeremy does some crazy un-imaginable stunt that goes horribly wrong, and May's response is "oh cock"

And it works.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info