Can I/ Should I tip my service writer?

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
I was thinking of going back, asking him to come outside to look at another problem and slipping him a $20.

V9Lx9US.gif

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 19, 2009
Windsor, CO
Slip him a $20 and let his boss know that you will continue to bring your car there because of the service he provides. Then maybe you'll get him more money on each check with a raise.

+1 on bringing in food for everyone to probably get even better service. Had several customers do that, best is donuts in the morning if you're one of the first ones in. Techs hate when they bust their ass just for the service writer to get a tip/booze/etc, at least I did cause my service writer & manager were dumb fucks.

snakebyte

Addict
Oct 30, 2011
ATX
a written letter of compliment/satisfaction is one of the best things, far too often only the people that have bad experiences will rant and rave....every now and then its nice to have a positive rant

This can go a long way depending on management, I love seeing good written reviews about my staff and they are in fact rewarded for it in bonuses. Granted that won't be the same for all companies..

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
I'm not a service writer but as a mechanic I have received a few thank yous via email to my boss. One of which was from another diesel shop owner who brought his truck to me to fix. My boss printed it and tossed it on the fridge for everyone to see. It was much more rewarding then a $20 bill slip could have ever been.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info