Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Amazon Prime Will Be $73, This Weekend Only For New Members

In celebration of Mozart In The Jungle’s Golden Globes victories, Amazon will be offering a year of Prime for $73, this weekend only for new members.

In the past, there have been loopholes for existing members to take advantage of this deal, but we don’t think that will be case this time around. That said, if you still haven’t signed up for Prime, this is a fantastic opportunity.

Blownbyyou

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 27, 2008
Its mainly shipping, their videos are okay not comparable to netflix (until top gear comes out). The music is ehh.

outside of the shipping its not worth it imho. But once you have it you will buy everything there, diapers are cheaper, cleaning supplies etc.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
From what I've heard, the shipping isn't actually "free".

What they do to compensate is to jack up the prices of everything for Prime members. So something that might cost a non-prime member $12 is now $15 if you're a Prime member.

Any truth to this?

skeezer

TCG Elite Member
Jan 3, 2008
Luke's Beef
Thanks Mike

giphy.gif

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
From what I've heard, the shipping isn't actually "free".

What they do to compensate is to jack up the prices of everything for Prime members. So something that might cost a non-prime member $12 is now $15 if you're a Prime member.

Any truth to this?

I am a pretty good shopper. At a minimum I will check Ebay and "Google shopping" to check prices. Most of the time Amazon is at least the same price with free shipping. I have only seen a few times where Amazon was higher than somewhere else. Including a non Prime selling vendor on Amazon. But it seems it is rare Amazon Prime is way off price.

I also get a lot of small items that do not qualify for Prime but are "add on" items if I order something that is a Prime item. Usually this is small dollar items that would suck to pay shipping on. I am happy with Prime, but wish I could gift Prime to myself to take advantage of sales like this. It sucks they supposedly closed that loophole.

b4black

before black
Jun 6, 2008
Oswego
(old thread coming back to life)

I'm kinda pissed with prime lately. It's been 3-5 days when it's supposed to be two for almost a month and a half now on things I've ordered that say prime.

I signed up for the $73 deal. I finding the prices on Prime items aren't so great. I ordered a serpentine belt last Wednesday, it arrived today. It didn't even ship until yesterday (Sunday). I'm not sure how they count days, but if they are shipping on Sunday, than weekends should count too.

I paid $14 for the belt when there were two left. Now that's there one, it jumped to $22. Not happy with Prime so far, but maybe it will improve.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info