Quick eBay question

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
So I bought a faucet off eBay. Pictures were of the box only saying new in box. Box had the correct part number on it and the description had the correct part number to what I ordered. I open the box and the color is chrome (I ordered brushed nickel).

The seller takes 5 days to respond to me, granted its the holiday and then weekend. I get a response today about either accepting a discount on the chrome one I've received or they'll send me a return ticket but they request that I make a return request but put "I no longer need item" instead of "item differs from description". They assure me they'll send a return label and I'll get a full refund.

Do I do what they ask so they don't get some sort of penalty or do I do what 100% protects me?

Their response to me telling them I'd be more comfortable choosing "does not match description"

We do apologize. The reason we are asking for you to select no longer want to need is so that we do not get penalized for it. If selecting no longer need to want we can still perform the return and have a label emailed to you without us getting penalized by ebay.

Vince

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
"item differs from description" gives them an order defect which counts against them. If you're going for Top Rated Seller status stuff like this totally bones you. The only difference as far as eBay is concerned is that for a buyer's remorse return you pay return shipping and for an item not as described return the seller pays it.

It makes no difference as long as they're willing to take back the return. If they're being cool about it and they're willing to cover the return label I'd just go with it.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
chances are they aren't going to screw you on the return label if its a reputable seller. They're just trying to avoid a ding on their ebay reputation. Seems shady, but these type of special requests aren't that uncommon. Worse case, you file a case with ebay, buyers typically have the upperhand anyway.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
What faucet you get? :rofl: I want a new one

Moen Caldwell brushed nickel is what I ordered

set_shots_2868.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info