Who's got the inside scoop on marketing/branding for a new business?

NOMIEZVR4

TCG Elite Member
May 6, 2014
Chicago
Hi guys, we just opened up a hand car wash...new business in the infancy stage in the northside of the city in Rogers Park.

The car wash tunnel isn't a separate entity but its built in as part of gas station. So right off the bat the location doesn't scream hand car wash. Its got a decent sized tunnel that can fit 10 cars and there are 2 garage bays that we're currently utilizing for vehicle details.

Since neither me or my brothers are marketing and or design majors, our insight and ideas can only take us so far. So I'm here to ask, is there anyone here who has experience specializing in packaging and branding? Creating and designing a variety of communications media that can help bring a brand to life? Design ideas, lighting, signage, etc...

Just looking for a lead right now, someone who I can get in touch with who can get us going in the right direction. Please post up with details, thanks!

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
For quick conversions, regionally targeted Facebook ads are golden. They're cheap, you can appeal to people within a specific radius of your business and you can offer them specials to entice them to come in.

You want to get signage up at the location so people don't think you're part of the gas station though. That's kind of a hard stigma to shake so I'd say the more professional the branding for the actual location, the better.

dberz94

Professional Slacker
Feb 14, 2015
Ask other local small businesses to post a couple flyers-dont create bs ones with word art-and you can create a joint promotion for each other.

The flyers should include hours, what you specialize in, and make sure the hand wash and family owned make their way onto the top lines of the flyer. Try not to make them the leading lines, because it looks forced.

Give customers business cards to spread the word but do not leave loose flyers/cards at public places. It seems needy and disorganized. Have workers speak directly to the customers when handing them the cards, it makes them feel welcomed and appreciated.

Create a Facebook page that includes weekly specials, location, and hours of operation. Facebook ads work well like [MENTION=396]Mike K[/MENTION] said and have them link to your website or back to your Facebook page.

If you do not have a color logo already in your domain use pictures of the building and the name of the company.

Hope this helps.

Xfirez51

Fast BoyZ of IllinoiZ
Jan 1, 2013
Northwest Chicagoland
1. Get a large nice sign made

2. Burn down gas station

3. News footage of gas station on fire with your sign in the back ground

4. Profit

Better yet, refuse to wash the car of a gay couple because of your religious beliefs, setup a website for donations to fight for "religious freedom", collect
$800K, and close the business. Take your money and invest in an annuity and retire.

NOMIEZVR4

TCG Elite Member
May 6, 2014
Chicago
Where in Rogers Park?

Its on the corner of Western and Berwyn, Premier Hand Car Wash.

Do you have a business plan? You may be putting the cart before the horse.
Look up the Small Business Development Corp. (SBDC). They are associated w community colleges such as Elgin, and they provide free business consulting.

Hey thanks so much for that information, I'm definitely going to take a closer look into that. This isn't our first time dealing with our very own business, we have a pretty successful(IMO) auto repair shop and UHAUL located in Rogers Park also, check it out.

Auto Tecx - Auto Repair - Rogers Park - Chicago, IL - Reviews - Photos - Yelp

Thing is, we have some of the basics down like some of you guys mentioned above...sign, fan man, lighting, and in the nice weather we parked one of our cars out front too, nicely detailed with a sign/flag, etc...The thing is, we want to go one step beyond doing the basic stuff. Which is where we are at right now.

Better yet, refuse to wash the car of a gay couple because of your religious beliefs, setup a website for donations to fight for "religious freedom", collect
$800K, and close the business. Take your money and invest in an annuity and retire.

haha thats funny cause our front end guy is actually gay but we love him(no homo), hes cool as hell! :D

Everyone else, thanks for the input, if you got more ideas, please keep them coming!

NOMIEZVR4

TCG Elite Member
May 6, 2014
Chicago
Nice. I'm about a mile east of you on Summerdale. I typically have a bunch of work cars that need washing on occasion. I'll drop by the next time one needs a wash.

Come thru, we'd love to have you! I'm not on site usually during the week but you wont be disappointed..we wash and regularly detail the cars for Grossinger Honda and Northside Toyota.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info