There's stupid and then there's ...

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
...a 23 y.o. female truck driver in Indiana, Mary Lambright, who tried to take her 60,000 lb. semi across a bridge that had a 6 ton weight limit.

She did not understand how much a ton is in pounds and is obviously too inexperienced/stupid to realize by just looking at the bridge, which was constructed in 1880, that her truck was too big/heavy for it. :rolleyes:

According to BangShift, Lambright is only 23, and had only recently received her CDL. Following this debacle, she admitted to police that she had seen the warnings, but did not know how much six tons was in pounds. It’s 12,000, while her truck weighed somewhere in the neighborhood of 60,000 pounds. She had apparently made a wrong turn, which led to attempting to cross the bridge to get back on course. Lambright also had her 17-year old cousin with her in the truck at the time.

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/young-semi-truck-driver-destroys-bridge-built-1880-210035397.html

00-truck-bridge.jpg

02-truck-bridge.jpg

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Semi driver who caused bridge collapse to pay $135 fine | WISH-TV

If you look at the sign in this video, it not only says 6 Ton limit but there's also a picture of a box truck with a big red line through it. Even if you don't understand weights, you gotta understand a line through a much smaller truck than you are driving. I can understand Lambright being lost and flustered but couldn't she park the truck and go find a local to help out? If she was afraid of backing the semi, I'd bet any bar would have at least a couple of guys who could do it for her.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Semi driver who caused bridge collapse to pay $135 fine | WISH-TV

If you look at the sign in this video, it not only says 6 Ton limit but there's also a picture of a box truck with a big red line through it. Even if you don't understand weights, you gotta understand a line through a much smaller truck than you are driving. I can understand Lambright being lost and flustered but couldn't she park the truck and go find a local to help out? If she was afraid of backing the semi, I'd bet any bar would have at least a couple of guys who could do it for her.

wait what. :rofl:

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
The story I read on FB didn'y say she was lost. In fact, she knew exactly where she was going and had driven over the bridge in her car before. She was looking for a place to park, and knew of a lot, but when she got there the lot was full of construction equipment. She went around the block and decided to go to the WalMart, which is when she ended up going over the bridge. She was familiar with the area.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
The story I read on FB didn'y say she was lost. In fact, she knew exactly where she was going and had driven over the bridge in her car before. She was looking for a place to park, and knew of a lot, but when she got there the lot was full of construction equipment. She went around the block and decided to go to the WalMart, which is when she ended up going over the bridge. She was familiar with the area.

A lot of semi drivers would just pop on the flashers and leave the truck in the road rather than search for a parking lot. Sounds like she still thinks like a car driver.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info