Where do you buy furniture?

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
I need to get a new dining room set. Looking for a rectangular trestle style table with a rustic farmhouse look. I would be open to a square table that extends to accommodate more place settings. I am just sick of buying junk, but also don't want to spend a fortune. Can a decent one be had for under $1000?

Which stores are decent and what is garbage? Any good websites I might not know about?

Shocker

ShockerRacing.com
Feb 21, 2008
Aurora, IL
Value City is totally you get what you pay for. I've had the cheaper queen bed frame and it was crappy. The King bed I have now is great. I've also have had couches from them that were so nice the ex took them when she left! Just got my daughter a new bed from them for xmas time will tell for that because it was the right price.

ktraver97ss

Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
This is pretty nice looking. Aldina

dining-aldina.jpg

ktraver97ss

Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
you're talented and OCD enough, build one fo sho

Hell, half the wood I have and is even sanded and stained. I built a stand to install a 150+ gallon fish tank half on the brick wall dividing the kitchen and sun room, but then had to spend like $1000 on the tank and another $500 on the sump filter I was going to plumb into the basement and it has sat stalled at that point for like a year. It was going to have 6x6 legs. lolol

You can see one of them stained in the background here:

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
Value City is totally you get what you pay for. I've had the cheaper queen bed frame and it was crappy. The King bed I have now is great. I've also have had couches from them that were so nice the ex took them when she left! Just got my daughter a new bed from them for xmas time will tell for that because it was the right price.

Not just value city, it all comes to get what you pay for except Craig's or similar ideas to get quality for cheaper.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info