Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
After December...b/c the state is broke and cant afford to mail reminders. I get mine through emails so no biggy but just in case some of you guys dont.

CHICAGO — The Illinois Secretary of State’s office has suspended mailing out notices that your vehicle registration is expiring.

The move is blamed on the state’s budget impasse.

A spokesperson said it will save the state $450,000 a month.

Hundreds of thousands of Illinois license plates expired at midnight Dec. 1 – but many vehicle owners likely did not receive a notice in the mail.

It costs almost half a MILLION to mail these out a month....

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I had to go to the dmv today to extend my current plates 4 months so i can fix the honda and pass emissions...since i decided to put it off for months prior....32 bucks for a 4 month extension...and THEN when thats over, i still need to pay the 100 bucks for a new year :wtc:

Mook, why you so lazy?

b4black

before black
Jun 6, 2008
Oswego
I get emails on all my cars except the one purchased last year. To renew online, you need a PIN & Registration number. That's on the paper notice they no longer send. So sign up for emails to get the numbers, right? Nope, still need the PIN & Registration to do that also.

So if you bought a car recently, no paper notice & no email notice. When you forget, there's late fees and possible tickets.

This plan is great. Less costs for the State and more fees & fines. Brilliant. :)

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
STICKY ME [MENTION=5]Mook[/MENTION]

http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/

Due to the lack of a state budget, the Secretary of State's office is suspending the mailing of vehicle registration renewal reminder notices. By suspending this service, which will save approximately $450,000 per month, the office will be able to prolong the ability to mail vehicle registration renewal stickers, titles and license plates to vehicle owners for a few months longer before the postage account is depleted. Vehicle owners are encouraged to be mindful of their vehicle registration status. Motorists can sign up to receive reminder notices electronically by email.

https://www.ilsos.gov/greenmail/

Green Mail

Paperless License Plates Renewal Notices is the convenient and secure way for Illinois motorists to go green and receive their notice by e-mail. To receive your license plates renewal by e-mail, enter your Registration ID and PIN located on the Renewal Notice you received in the mail or your current registration card. If you do not have a renewal notice or a current registration card, please call the Public Inquiry Division at 800-252-8980 to obtain your Registration ID and PIN number.

rrn_pin.gif

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info