Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
You guys arent getting what this is....it doesnt tell you if your email has been hacked...it looks up online accounts TIED to your email...netflix, amazon, adobe, etc etc..and tells you if its been compromised.

Netflix has a big hack going on right now, for example, so this is a way of checking.

This site came about after what to date, remains the largest ever single breach of customer accounts — Adobe. I often did post-breach analysis of user credentials and kept finding the same accounts exposed over and over again, often with the same passwords which then put the victims at further risk of their other accounts being compromised.

The FAQs page goes into a lot more detail, but all the data on this site comes from publicly leaked "breaches" or in other words, personal account data that has been illegally accessed then released into the public domain. Have I been pwned? aggregates it and makes it readily searchable.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info