anyone ever sell a comic book collection?

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
it's fairly sizeable, like 3 of those long boxes worth. i'm not super keen on the idea of moving it and waiting for people to parse through it, maybe i should just rip out a stack of what i think is worth money and bring that to them.

most valuable one is probably worth a few bucks, amazing spiderman 300... first appearance of venom and todd mcfarlane cover.

wonder if valiant/image universe are worth anything at this point, have first 25 spawns or so.

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
If you're on Facebook look up "Buy/sell Comics" and "COMIC BOOK COLLECTORS". There's a lot of local people on there and more than a few that are helpful and might be willing to buy from you without going to a store (cut out middleman, get more money). There are also a TON of websites and apps where you can type in what you have and it'll give you what the value is of whatever you're looking for. The thing with comic books is that you could be sitting on a goldmine and not even know it where they threw the first view of some superhero that went on to be huge but the first time you've ever seen them was in some obscure comic that no one really pays attention to. It happened to me when I sold a large part of my collection. Some that I know are worth a lot I still have and I'll give them to my kids when they want to go to college, or I can't wait anymore and just need to buy a Vette.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I also have a bunch of Spawn comics....and rebought a few hard cover collection series as well. I remember checking one of my comics (Gen 13 (iirc)) and #1 came in 7 different covers. The one I had was about $42 right from the get go. Now it's worth maybe $2.

Comics just aren't what they used to be.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
You can blame ebay and the internet. Comics, baseball cards, etc. were worth a lot more when it was harder to get your hands on them. You'd have to hope your local comic or card store had the comic in stock, otherwise you were SOL. At any given moment, there are probably dozens of Spawn #1s on ebay for sale. Ebay made super rare things worth more as it opened up that rare item to a much larger audience but made uncommon items really common across the country.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
I also have a bunch of Spawn comics....and rebought a few hard cover collection series as well. I remember checking one of my comics (Gen 13 (iirc)) and #1 came in 7 different covers. The one I had was about $42 right from the get go. Now it's worth maybe $2.

Comics just aren't what they used to be.

lol have the same one, saw it go up and down.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I really wish I had sold all that stuff years ago when they were worth something. I never really thought the bottom would drop out of those.

I use to collect those Marvel cards back in the 90's. I had a couple complete sets with the hologram cards. They were worth good month back then.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
i always thought i might pull them out later and enjoy them, or give them to kids i am likely far from having, or maybe hey some would be worth the coin. especially now that superhero movies have transcended from good to cheesy.

in the end they are more stacks of things i lug around when i move and collect dust and don't seem to be worth much, which i will likely never revisit. i'm not even sure how good the stories actually were, outside of one that sticks out in my mind (x men unlimited #2!) since i am trying to shrink my footprint it seems the time to part with them.

i also have a bunch of computer games, like classic sierra games on 5.25" disks, plus some old consoles like genesis and turbografx 16. probably basement sale december 2015 going on...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info