Help on new game console choice...

chry*bmb

You're a waste of my gas...
Apr 16, 2008
TN
Ok guys. I've lost my gaming edge since baby #3 [emoji23] Or should I say baby #4? Damn puppy is worse than kids sometimes, lol!!

Don't get me wrong, I still play, but my hardcore days of all-nighters and camping out for the new games and new systems are over! I'ver seriously had probably every game system that has ever been out there.

My dilemma now? Currently own a XBox360 And want a new system for my boys. Not happy that the Xbox One wasn't compatible with the old games UNTIL they are putting out this "so-called" patch in December, but it's not going to be all of the games righf now. Least that's what I heard when I looked into it. Currently have A LOT of 360 games and that would piss me off if I go to put down 4C notes on a system and I can't let my lil man play his games.

So that brings me to the PS4. My lasr Playstation was a PS2. Still have it and would love to go into a new PS4.

Just wanted some input from fellow gamers here. Need the new COD, lol. Xbox One or PS4? Which is the better system for games? How about DVD or is it a Blu-Ray? Forgot to research. Been on an XBox for awhile now. Is it time to defect full-time? I don't know how to put a poll. Maybe the almighty TCG forum GOD can put one in here for me [emoji7]

PS 4
XBox One

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Have you considered the Wii U?

4f02bde417f4ac29bb510ff22d22166c03955b0476aa9ad08779d9e795f76b2a.jpg

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
im going with a ps4 as soon as i find a holiday bundle deal.
all your old playstation games work, its a media center, its a web browser, and playstation network is free, compared to having to pay yearly for xboxlive.

Network is free, but many online games require PS+ which is basically the same as live...

To me, it all boils down to where people you know are playing. Everyone in my family and all my friends are on PS, so that's where I've always played.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
All boils down to games you like (console exclusives) and if you have online friends.

Someone linked an article to me on Facebook saying that Sony is working on ps2 emulation on the ps4. While xbone is working on 360 BC. So it's all preference to your gaming needs.

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
Network is free, but many online games require PS+ which is basically the same as live...

To me, it all boils down to where people you know are playing. Everyone in my family and all my friends are on PS, so that's where I've always played.

the only thing ive ever paid for extra was game add-ons.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
im going with a ps4 as soon as i find a holiday bundle deal.
all your old playstation games work, its a media center, its a web browser, and playstation network is free, compared to having to pay yearly for xboxlive.

Just got home from sams club and they have a 299 uncharted bundle for Black Friday or a 389 for a Star Wars battlefront and extra controller bundle.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
$Threehundo Ain't bad for that bundle. I wouldn't pay more then $200 but that's because there's only a handful of games I care to play on PS.

They both are good systems and offer roughly the same experience. Hardware wise, Xbox has HDMI passthrough which is nice for TV integration. Other then that...choose the system with the games you like the most that are exclusive titles to that system...that's the way I've done it lol

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
If COD is all you care about, The PS4 now gets all the new map packs and add ons exclusively before they're released on xbox. Something to think about. And no matter what system you get you'll be paying for service to play games online. But you can always find deals on yearly subscriptions out there. If you're paying more than 30 bucks you're doing it wrong

chry*bmb

You're a waste of my gas...
Apr 16, 2008
TN
this PS4 already had a bug, grrrr. aparently it's kinda a known problem what I've been finding out? "no disc inserted" with a code of CE-33191-7...

my disc WAS in there, lol. So I found out how to open it up manually and eject the disc. Then the PS4 simply wouldn't accept ANY discs at all and would just give that same error code. ...

SO I am pretty pissed with this BRAND new console. The PS research I've seen is pretty ridiculous, I'm not doing what it says to get it to work. This damn thing is only 2 months old! Tinkered enough with it. Rrminds ne of XBox and their RROD issues!

Any PS4 owners have this code too?

PS: I'll be calling Sony this week

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info