Powah Tools

BeerOrGasoline

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give a Hoot.
Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL
[MENTION=60]greasy[/MENTION]

I want a new drill (hammer option would be nice, but not necessary) and a 1/4 impact. I want Li-Ion batteries. 18+ volt.

School me.

ps, Brushless seems fun too.

Was looking at this:
PC Kit
Dewalt Brushless Kit

Medium duty use FYI. Not very concerned with expansion as I'd rather have corded stuff in the other departments.

BeerOrGasoline

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give a Hoot.
Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL
Milwaukee chargers do not work with the crappy Ford inverter in my truck. Modified Sine FTL (It actually looks fucking square). DeWalt, PC & Rigid supposedly all work.

Also, 1/4" Imapct Driver to be more specific. I've got a corded dewalt 1/2" impact wrench for the bigger shit.

Trucks inverter wave for those that care 60hz/120vac:
80-image_85e80885090ac97d248bcbbd593436ff4da88597.jpg

SinisterSHO

Tame Racing Driver
Jul 20, 2007
In all honesty, the master force stuff at Menards its pretty nice. And I'm pretty sure its made by the same company that makes Bosch.

All the batteries have a 3 year warranty alone. Plus, it's Menards brand and they always protect that. If you go in and tell them its broke, they will may likely give you the newest version.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
[MENTION=60]greasy[/MENTION]

I want a new drill (hammer option would be nice, but not necessary) and a 1/4 impact. I want Li-Ion batteries. 18+ volt.

School me.

ps, Brushless seems fun too.

Was looking at this:
PC Kit
Dewalt Brushless Kit

Medium duty use FYI. Not very concerned with expansion as I'd rather have corded stuff in the other departments.

The new brushless tools are definitely awesome because they are lighter, more compact, more powerful, and run about 20 degrees cooler than standard brushed motors. Also these tools are going to be more reliable and have longer battery run time because of the brushless motor.

Now I like the kit you posted, but I am not a huge fan of that style hammer drills. The tool basically drills into concrete as hard as you lay on it. 99% of the work most people are doing is driving screws and drilling wood/plastic/metal. The effective hole diameter of drilling into concrete with that tool is not much more than 1/4", although you can drill up to a 1/2" hole with that tool. It is just a pain in the ass because you have to lay on it. I would much rather use a rotary hammer drill for any concrete drilling.

If you will not be using the hammer drilling feature that much, all it does is add weight to the tool. If you want to have that feature by all means get it, but I do not think it is necessary. If you don't need it, pick up this kit below....

DCK281D2 <p>20V MAX* XR™ Lithium Ion Brushless Compact Drill / Driver & Impact Driver Combo Kit</p> | DEWALT Tools

I wish we offered the 3/8" Impact wrench in a 2 tool combo kit like the ones above, but we don't. we also do not have a brushless version of that tool out yet.

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
pt_matrix.png

I run this setup. For what I do its perfect. and with the 18v lithion battery, the impact lasts a while and is strong. Almost strong enough for wheel lug nuts but not quite. I didn't but the attachment reciprocating saw but I did get their stand alone model to use with my usual batteries. Works great. Same for the circular saw. But that drains the batteries rather quicly on 1/2 inch plywood :rofl:

Ti28

Cupcake
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2013
Bartlett
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info