So I've never been in a fight before

rocco

Addict
Jan 19, 2012
Aurora, IL
I was thinking the other day, that I've never been in an actual fight in my adult life. In fact, the only fight I've had is when I was about 8 years old with another kid in the neighborhood. He punched me once in the stomach and I fell to the ground in pain crying. lol

So I wonder now how I would fare if I got into a fight with a random person? I have zero fighting skills, but I feel I would be able to hold my own just fine against another person who doesn't have any kind of fighting skills. I guess I'm above average in size at 6'2" and around 220lbs.

It is normal to go through life never having a fist fight?

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
If you have never been in a fight before be prepared for it to not go as planned. Instincts will somewhat kick in but punching will probably be sloppy and result in a wrasslin match. Your adrenaline will be off of the charts and you probably will not feel much until everything is said and done.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
i haven't been stung by a bee or broken a bone. but i'm ok with these things!

i got into a fight when i was 11 or 12 i think? it was pretty bad. it was really long because it was mostly nothing with occasional swings and misses. then an occasional hit where i knocked the wind out of him and he did out of me. it was 2 pussy kids fighting. great stuff.

i would think anyone with any remote fighting skills would handle someone way bigger with ease. if you are itching for something you should sign up for boxing or krav maga or something.

i'm a lover not a fighter

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I typically want to get into a fight when I'm hammered and ask Eagle or whoever is with me if they'll back me up. It's never happened tho.

I've got into some yelling matches at bars before buts it never escalated to having to bust out Jack Johnson and Tom O'Leary. .

Full disclosure, I would kick in the balls and throw dust.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I'm not ashamed to say I grabbed a guy's balls once and squeezed hard. He was twice the size of me and had me in a headlock. He kept punching me in the head and nothing I was trying was helping. Felt like I was on the way to unconscious so, out of desperation, I grabbed his nuts and squeezed hard. This actually worked. He falsettoed "Let me go! Let me go!" I said "You first". He let loose the headlock and we pushed apart. End of that fight.

I knew I was in trouble when he pushed me and I kicked him in the stomach with no results other than to knock him back a step. Uh Oh! He charged, took one punch to his head, head locked me and started swinging. Way too tough for me.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Five hundred. … 500 fights, that’s the number I figured when I was a kid. 500 street fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate tough guy. You need them for experience. To develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then, after, you realize that’s what you are.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
First and last fight was with a neighborhood friend at the playground when I was in 6th or 7th grade. We basically just "beat the hell out of" each other and were friends up until highschool when I moved. Just your typical kid fight but with more punches.

Did a lot of sparring in the Marines but outside of that haven't really been in a legitimate fight.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Its a whole different outlook once you've had your ass beat and dished and ass beating.

Call me irresponsible if you want.

Thats certainly not the first thing that comes to my mind.

Im not talking about drunken bar fights. That shit is usually just who's buddy jumps in first. Or who's sober enough to still have some motorskills..........

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
I was thinking the other day, that I've never been in an actual fight in my adult life. In fact, the only fight I've had is when I was about 8 years old with another kid in the neighborhood. He punched me once in the stomach and I fell to the ground in pain crying. lol

So I wonder now how I would fare if I got into a fight with a random person? I have zero fighting skills, but I feel I would be able to hold my own just fine against another person who doesn't have any kind of fighting skills. I guess I'm above average in size at 6'2" and around 220lbs.

It is normal to go through life never having a fist fight?

Haven't been in a fight since I was young as well. Also being 5' 5" doesn't exactly make me want to get into fights :rofl:

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I'm surprised you guys haven't been in fights. Maybe it's a generational thing.

My generation was not internet and texting, it was in person, in your face. If someone said the wrong thing or pushed, you pushed back. I have been hit in the head with an ax handle, hit guys who didn't hit back and just collapsed and gotten the shit kicked out of me more than once. Some of the more vivid memories...

In college, a guy hit on my GF. I grabbed his throat and put him up against a wall. He was a wuss. Never looked at her again.

In HS, a guy was making smart comments about me in front of a group. I punched him in the nose and he went down against a locker. A teacher turned the corner at the other end of the hall and everyone scattered. I picked the guy up and we both told the teacher everything was OK.

A "friend" of mine went behind my back and started dating my ex fiance after we broke up. I slapped him hard a couple of times but he wouldn't fight.

I had the headlock fight in front of probably 25 people. That's the worst I was ever getting hit. Even the ax handle didn't hurt that much. That time, I got hit, went to my knees and the guy moved on to someone else.

I had a rivalry with this guy who was a black belt in judo. First time I ever met him was at a drive in where he threw shit out the window of his 4X4 onto my Camaro. We never liked each other. I ran my car into his one time. He started dating one of our group girls. I had the opportunity to sleep with her and did. He did not like that and tracked me down. Hit me in the solar plexus which stopped that fight immediately. I could not breathe. My buddies separated us. Years later, I read in the Economist that he was walking into White Hen with a gun in his wasteband that went off and shot him in the dick. Never found out the results. He had talked about pulling off crimes so I still wonder if he was going in there to rob the place.

I had several bar fights where one of my buddies was usually the antagonist. Had my glasses broken one time when a guy blindsided me. Hit guys and got hit in a couple other fights until the bouncers showed up. Got pissed at my buddy after the glasses incident and hit him in the parking lot for starting the shit. He was a wrestler and tackled me and we rolled around trading blows. I also hit him through a car window one time when he was being an ass. Felt bad and took him into Burger King to wash his face.

When we were teens, we were arguing and he threw a glass of water in my face. I chased him up the stairs of his parents' house. Caught him half way up and slammed his head into the metal stair edge. His parents were at the kitchen table at the top of the stairs. We have been through so much shit together that we will be best friends forever.

That was the result of many of the fights. You hit a guy, he hits you and you buy him a drink.

Gotta be generational because I don't see that much now-a-days. We rarely used weapons and I never had a gun.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info