Movie The Revenant

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Leonardo DiCaprio isn’t afraid to die in the first trailer for the survival drama “The Revenant”

“I done it already,” he says, referring to death.

The movie, which is already generating plenty of Oscar buzz, teams DiCaprio with Oscar-winning director Alejandro G. Inarritu, who also co-wrote the film based on Michael Punke’s novel. If anyone can help DiCaprio in the hunt for Oscar gold, it’s Inarritu, whose “Birdman” nabbed four Academy Awards this year.

Inspired by the life of mythical explorer Hugh Glass, “The Revenant” focuses on one man’s (DiCaprio) adventure of survival in the early 19th century American wilderness.

The trailer, which is light on dialogue and heavy on action, finds DiCaprio’s character facing off against Tom Hardy, who plays his confidant-turned-enemy John Fitzgerald. Glass vows revenge on Fitzgerald when he betrays him, robbing him and leaving him for dead in the wilderness. The fur trapper also battles a bear and a vicious winter, ultimately traveling more than 200 miles to seek redemption.

The film also stars Domhnall Gleeson and Will Poulter. It was shot entirely in natural light by cinematographer Emmanuel Lubezki.

“The Revenant,” from New Regency and 20th Century Fox, hits theaters on Christmas Day before going wide on Jan. 8, 2016.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugh_Glass

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
DAMN!

Bradley-Impressed.gif

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Saw this the other night. It was solid. It was a screener, so a bit of the cinematography was lost (which I'm sure is breathtaking on the big screen.) I can see why it's nominated for a ton of awards. That being said, i dont think most of you idiots will like it. Its pretty slow for most of it.

If Leo wins an Oscar for this, its because he wasn't allowed to be typical Leo (over the top emotion, screaming at the screen, etc.) The was a relative lack of dialogue from him due to the story, so he spent most of the movie having to act without a ton of speaking. Which he pulled off. That being said, Tom Hardy, IMO, completely stole the show. He was cast perfectly and killed it.

Reactions: DEEZUZ
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info