Clicker training....

Ti28

Cupcake
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2013
Bartlett
Since we had a short lived convo in a other thread about clicker training. I figured Id quickly shoot a short of it.

The clicker marks a behavior and when you get the behavior you want you reward it.

My dog isn't perfect, I had to correct him once as you can see. There was no reward. When he gave the Behavior I wanted he was rewarded.

Sorry the video kinda sucks as I was soft camera. Figured a steady cam would be better than me holding it all shaky to get everything.

https://vimeo.com/131726975

I don't remember the vimeo tags.

10thSVT_03

DRRRT PROSPECT
Feb 28, 2009
We tried the clicker and it didn't work well. I bought a collar that beeps and it worked great. She didn't like the beep and I only had to use it twice after a week. Incorporated the beep with a verbal command and eliminated the beep and now verbal is what she responds to. I have seen others with great success with the clicker though but all dogs are different.

Ti28

Cupcake
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2013
Bartlett
That's E-ollar, whole nother ball game. Most people don't like them. Me, I think they are great.

Gotta know how to use it or it can back fire pretty quick on ya.

My guy is trained with one. I don't use it much besides when he is off leash. But I will not show, or tell anything about that.

What I showed tonight, is some what of our daily routine. I work everyday with him. Be it 10 minutes or an hour. It's the best mental stimulation you can give a dog.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Ti28
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list