Reason #77 I Love Taylor Swift, or: Why Apple is Starting to Suck

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Taylor Swift Criticizes Apple Music For 'Not Paying Artists'

If you read the article you'd see she's complaining that Apple had no intent on paying artists, producers, etc any kind of royalties during Apple Music's 3 month free trial. In other words, in order to sway customers to Apple's streaming service they were going to give it away for free for the first three months. Only Apple - a company that has 160 BILLION dollars in capital (111 billion more than the US Treasury) - wasn't going to cover the cost of that free trial themselves; they simply weren't going to pay the content providers any royalties. It's like Direct TV offering a free trial for three months and then telling HBO and other content providers that they're simply not going to pay them. :rofl:

So she politely publicly shames them and boom:

Apple Music to Pay Royalties During Free Trial: 'We Hear You Taylor Swift...'

I'm convinced we've seen Apple at it's peak. They have an obnoxious amount of money on hand which is going to allow them to take risks and bring new technologies to market that other smaller companies might not be able to but as far as groundbreaking innovation and a company that has it's finger on the pulse of cool, I think they're on a descent now. It will take awhile though.

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
what? apple got caught with their pants down and got called out by the whiniest bitch in the industry. them stepping up doesnt change the fact that they planned on not paying artists for their music

I completely understand that, but doing what they did to fix it says something to the public. And its only going to be good for them.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
I completely understand that, but doing what they did to fix it says something to the public. And its only going to be good for them.

Not really. If anything having someone really high profile and really well liked (TSwift is both) is really bad for business. It's basically saying we're were going to screw you until someone advertised to the world that we were going to screw you.

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton

they were going to fuck over artists by not paying them (not just swift). they knew they needed to pay royalties but chose not to, and got called out on it. them "making it right" doesnt change what they did in the first place. any way you try and spin it, it's not "good for them"

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info