Cook County Vehicle "Sticker"

BeerOrGasoline

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give a Hoot.
Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL
I received a piece of mail today from the County of Crooks stating that both my Motorcycle & my trailer need to display Cook County License Plates at the fee of $50 and $60 respectively.

This is an alternate version of the city sticker they "require" you purchase each year for your car/truck as well.

Personally I've never heard or seen of anything like this for a bike or trailer and am curious if anyone here actually has one and if they can post a picture of it

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
If your motorcycle and trailer are parked on private property that the cops don't patrol, fuck them.

I live in an apartment they patrol the lot and will give you ticket after ticket. Hate them.

Today I got a ticket for invalid registration on the GTA, listed my old plate number and that it was expired. Cop didn't even bother to check that the plate on the back of the car is current had has a valid plate sticker.

Not sure how the cop pulled the old plate number when it wasn't on the car even. I hate crook county.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
So they are plated with WI plates then?

Doesn't matter. If you own property in Crook County and the car is parked there you owe them a sticker. Even if the car is registered in a different county. My GTA is registered in Antioch, IL but that didn't stop them from giving me tickets for not having the sticker, and i tried to fight it but the judge would not budge because my drivers license was in Crook County.

ChrisRac

Still not Italian
TCG Premium
Jan 31, 2008
Gilbert, AZ
Real Name
I Think That’s Obvious
I live in an apartment they patrol the lot and will give you ticket after ticket. Hate them.

When I lived in Mundelein, I had the same shit happen. Even though our parking lot was clearly a parking lot, because it had a street sign on it, MPD patroled while everyone was sleeping randomly running tags and giving tickets. So glad I moved the fuck out of there.

BeerOrGasoline

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give a Hoot.
Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL
So some googling and I believe what they want me to buy is a little metal tag that gets screwed on with the plate?

Just for amusement purposes and those who aren't familiar with the gaids of this. I'm supposed to buy:
One XSV Sticker for the Mustang at $80.
One XLV Sticker for the F150 at $100
One MB Sticker for the Harley at $50
One RT Sticker for the tiny toy hauler at $60.
$290 a year? HAHAHA

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
So some googling and I believe what they want me to buy is a little metal tag that gets screwed on with the plate?

Just for amusement purposes and those who aren't familiar with the gaids of this. I'm supposed to buy:
$290 a year? HAHAHA

And if you get ticketed for not having one its $110 for the fine. Then the late fee is 2x the cost of the sticker + the sticker. So now its $350 for the Mustang.
:fu:

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
When I lived in Mundelein, I had the same shit happen. Even though our parking lot was clearly a parking lot, because it had a street sign on it, MPD patroled while everyone was sleeping randomly running tags and giving tickets. So glad I moved the fuck out of there.

Yep, that's how Schaumburg is too. We've gotten expired registration tickets in our parking lot before, as well as in the fucking parking lot of TGI Fridays in Woodfield. Fuck Cook County

silver86

Regular
TCG Premium
May 15, 2012

$290 a year? HAHAHA

Is the trailer a *SNO-BIRD TRAILER on your form? Just dont ask me why or how I know:trollface:

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Hide yo shit, hide yo wife

....cause they raping erbody out here!!!

So glad I moved out of shitty Crook county! A few years ago they tried sending me a "use tax" on a beater car that I registered at my old address in Cook. It was something like $225 for a $1500 car. I called them up and told em that they would not receive any more money than they already got from me!

How they can keep taxing and taxing is crazy. I hope people start leaving Cook county by the thousands so they get the point

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info