Will music ever be like it was the in 90s early 2000s?

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I really feel like this episode of South Park whenever I get a chance to have the radio on.

For me, the 90s was essentially the golden age of music. 90s and before I should say. I enjoy the classics and even music from the 50s, 60s, 70s.

Now, its all just shit (w/ a few bands being the exception).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgqTufBiTEU

Am I wrong? Are we just getting old and acting like all other old people from generations past?

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
The mid-90's was especially good. I remember rocking out to the first Foo Fighters album in front of my stereo 27" TV playing the first Need For Speed on my 3D0 and no, that's not just a clever characterization of the 90's. That's something that actually happened.

I listen to a lot of current stuff and while 90% of it sucks, I think 90% of it sucked in the 90's too. You just remember the good stuff.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
I'll go with this too; it's not only that they had decent music they had AWESOME sound tracks as well. I realize The Matrix is a bit later, but I'll fold it in with Pulp Fiction, The Crow, Lost Highway, Queen of the Damned and possibly a few others I'm missing. Probably missing a few here, any others I should be mentioning?

I didn't appreciate it at the time, but do more so now. I will say I still like some of the new EDM stuff but not all of it by any means. Definitely find the pop annoying overall.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
New music fucking blows. Especially the crap they play on q101 or what ever the fuck it's called now. It's like campy folk music made for fat bearded hipsters to listen to while they talk about how much they luuurrrrrvvvveeee a good glass of pinot grigio.

The only good new music on the radio is made by bands from the 2000's that still sound the same they did like Breaking Benjamin, Chevelle, Godsmack and even Eminem.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
I miss system of a down, and Staind. I know Aaron Lewis does solo stuff now and I go see him when he comes to town, but its not like when they were all together.

Tons of memories waiting for the new SOAD album to get to the stores. Running out and buying it and then chilling in my buddies room rocking out to their stuff.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
New music is garbage and its a fact. I'm partially biased to 90s rock music... Alice in Chains, Foo Fighters, RHCP, Green Day, to name a few - its what I grew up with. I dig the 80s, 70s, and 60s. We are getting old, but today's music is just lost. Everything prior the 90s was real, pure and genuine. So many timeless classics that will live on forever.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
You know what song will never get old? Awolnation - Sail. I wish it played every time I did anything of worth....walk in my house, take a shit, receive my TB from the drive thru window, tighten my gas tank...blow my load. SAIL comes across the speaker at just the right time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info