Best Router?

pajamasam

Addict
Apr 12, 2011
O'Hare Area
Hey guys,

So my fiancee and I are closing on our house very soon and will be needing a router.

I hate nothing more than a crappy router. I hate reseting the damn thing every other day. So I am trying to avoid that.

We watch a lot of netflix and I play my xbox one a lot. Also we will be streaming 4k netflix soon so i need something to handle that also.

Any suggestions?

Diavolo

Needs more turbos
Jun 20, 2007
Chicago
I got 4 routers hooked up (sometimes 5 if I need it)
Asus N66U - ddwrt
Linksys n3000 - ddwrt
linksys n2000 - ddwrt
linksys wrt400n - ddwrt

All of them have been rock solid running together. The wrt400n sometimes needs a reset (once a month?) but they are all set up as repeaters and I never have any issues running them all through out my place

Diavolo

Needs more turbos
Jun 20, 2007
Chicago
I live in a 2 story place with the modem in the corner of the first floor. The routers are set up as repeaters to keep the signal strong throughout the whole place. We have a 30/8 connection and we are able to get the full speed everywhere our apt. Even on the upstairs back deck even though the modem is on the opposite side and a floor below.

Back to the original post though, I really recommend the Asus N66U

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
I bought the WRT1900AC when I moved into my place and it's been hands down the best router I've ever bought besides the old WRT54G of the hayday.

I have it placed in my middle room of the top floor (which happens to be my computer room, surprise surprise) and I get wifi everywhere in the house as well as in my shed in my backyard. Definitely worth the price tag.

budsang1

From 45's to STi's
Jan 25, 2010
Galesburg, IL
I wanted what you want, zero problems streaming media wireless. I bought this router and it has been great.

6 antennas, Triband, automatically divides all your devises between different channels for max performance. Has usb 3.0 on it, so I have my external hard drive on it. It's expensive, but for sure the best router i've ever had

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KWHMR6G/?tag=tcg21-20

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
424979-linksys-smart-wi-fi-router-ac-1900-wrt1900ac.jpg

wrt1900ac.....Bought mine after my last Netgear Router was crapping out on me and couldn't stay connected long. Never had a problem with this since and like mentioned above, reminds me of the 54wrt when it was released. That thing lasted so many years for me and only crapped out after I upgraded the firmware. Ended up flashing a modded firmware on it and worked like it was new again. Only got rid of it after upgrading to the newer standards.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info