IRS

chris101

TCG Elite Member
Jun 25, 2009
Mt. Prospect, IL
Real Name
yes
of course it was 'fake'.

1st of all, the 'caller' never said my name (because he didn't have it)

2nd is the 'voice mail' was left on a skype number I set up on the computer to use exclusively for buying and selling on the internet (not a number registered under my own name and not used or reported in any official capacity)

Bottom line is if there is an issue you have with the IRS, you will be notified in writing via USPS and NOT a random phone call.

chris101

TCG Elite Member
Jun 25, 2009
Mt. Prospect, IL
Real Name
yes
^ There is more than 1 scam out there. I've gotten 5 different phone calls so far already. Its just that this one happened to leave a voice mail.

1 phone call was this strong 'male' voice that sounded like a thug trying to tell me how he was about to dispatch my local police to execute the warrant for my arrest (I laughed and said be my guest and hung up).... that was 2 weeks ago and still no one here to arrest me.

2 others were completely computer generated voices and another clearly Indian guy (much like the same voice of the scam microsoft caller saying I have a bad virus on my computer and how I need to give Microsoft remote access to clear it up before its too late.)

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
^ There is more than 1 scam out there. I've gotten 5 different phone calls so far already. Its just that this one happened to leave a voice mail.

1 phone call was this strong 'male' voice that sounded like a thug trying to tell me how he was about to dispatch my local police to execute the warrant for my arrest (I laughed and said be my guest and hung up).... that was 2 weeks ago and still no one here to arrest me.

2 others were completely computer generated voices and another clearly Indian guy (much like the same voice of the scam microsoft caller saying I have a bad virus on my computer and how I need to give Microsoft remote access to clear it up before its too late.)

I received a call from "Dell" stating about an issue that there was. He asked me if I was on my computer and what did I see. I told him a web browser as I'm surfing the web. He basically started to try and get me to open up a remote access to him. I told him to fuck off and hung up. Haven't heard from him since.

As for the IRS one.....My mother in law got a call from the "IRS" and stated that taxes were due and needs to be paid NOW. My mother in law then told them to talk to her husband when he gets home, but they wanted none of that and that their leniency would only be for that call. That if she hung up with them, then they would call the local police and have them come to her house to arrest her on a warrant. Of course the person sounded serious and "authentic/persuasive" and got her to thinking it really was them. (They've owed to the IRS plenty of times as they do so with their business). She ended up hanging up with them, and she then got a call from the "Huntley Police Department." (The police department's number and caller id). They said that they had a warrant out for their arrest due to uncollected funds for the IRS or some BS like that. She got scared and hung up and called my father in law. They then called the Huntley Police Department and asked about the call. They said it was a scam going around.

The IRS scam spoofs the local police departments number and tries to scam people by applying a lot of scare tactics.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info