just got comcast....

Shadow99

Broke DSMer
Jun 7, 2011
Ohare
We got new interwebz and tv today. Tech that came didnt even have his pants up all the way (thug life), so I knew this was going to be good. I cleaned out a decent amount of stuff around the area I knew he would be at. But he still found a way to knock a ton of stuff over: a lamp, a light bulb that was safely away from the edge of the desk, and my nice personally bought modem. Does he pick any of that stuff up? Nope. Also it was nice of him to leave all the cable clippings all over my floor. Internet wise i have 50mbps which is very nice. Tv is ok still getting used to. But one tv doesnt have sound. And looks like we didnt get HD...Looking at the remotes that they gave us, theyre of course used. And by used I mean they look like a gang of badgers ate them and then shit them back out off a cliff and into white water rapids. Theyre coming back tomorrow.....

BillyBru

FoodHead
Apr 29, 2008
Prepare to get bent over. Just had my first year pass and they are raising the rate like $40. It's either that or spend $10 more for a better package. Internet is always at 25-30mbps while we are paying for the 50mbps. My roommate called and complained but nothing was done. They suck.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I signed with Comcast Xfinity when they offered me a two year $99 a month deal for cable and interwebs. 105 MBPS, HBO to go, Comcast to go (or whatever it's called), 200+ channels. Price stays the same for the entire length of the contract.

Xfinity is great. To go is even better. I don't bother using my TV unless I want a big screen picture. Nearly all shows are available on my phone or computer which has Onkyo/Klipsch/Subwoofer surround in my home office. Shows are available the day after they air on TV. I watch all night on the weekend without having to record anything.

Total price is around $134 a month with four TVs.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Prepare to get bent over. Just had my first year pass and they are raising the rate like $40. It's either that or spend $10 more for a better package. Internet is always at 25-30mbps while we are paying for the 50mbps. My roommate called and complained but nothing was done. They suck.

Stupid question, do you have a DOCSYS 2.0 modem or 3.0 modem?

A DOCSYS 2.0 modem Cannot pull down over 30Mbps. If you have Comcast supplied equipment, they are/were supposed to upgrade it for free, otherwise you are due a hefty refund if you are paying for 50mbps and they provided DOCSYS 2.0 hardware.....

Shadow99

Broke DSMer
Jun 7, 2011
Ohare
I signed with Comcast Xfinity when they offered me a two year $99 a month deal for cable and interwebs. 105 MBPS, HBO to go, Comcast to go (or whatever it's called), 200+ channels. Price stays the same for the entire length of the contract.

Who did you have to touch in dirty place to get this?! Sounds like its going really well for you at least.

Today we still have no tech to come out. Called and they said theres a record of us calling, but no record of sending someone out to use today...... They offered to pay for a month of service. Uh how about come out and fix our shit? And now I saw he cut a line that we personally installed in the house to go to another room. Which goes through the ceiling of the downstairs, and comes up the floor to the 2nd floor.

53ad83bc665b2.gif

Besides the internet being great, Im ready to cancel.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Cancelled them a long time ago. Kept the internet although had to pay about 80/month for 50mbps down since they refused to give me any deals unless I did double/triple play. Since I'm not at my house for the time being, I cancelled without hesitation. Also have Direct TV which I like a lot better than comcast.

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL

Xfinity is great. To go is even better. I don't bother using my TV unless I want a big screen picture. Nearly all shows are available on my phone or computer which has Onkyo/Klipsch/Subwoofer surround in my home office. Shows are available the day after they air on TV. I watch all night on the weekend without having to record anything.

Total price is around $134 a month with four TVs.

Was this your first contract as a new customer ever? How long ago was this? If not, who did you give a reach around to and what other favors did you do? :lol:

I've never heard of Comcast offering a deal like that. The 105 MBPS alone is $89.99 a month without TV/Phone. We pay over $165 a month for Cable, 105 MBPS internet and phone since it is cheaper to have a triple play plan than not.

10 years with Comcast and we are still paying out the ass for it. At least the internet is good and consistent.

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
I had a deal at the apartment, hbo starz cinemax, redzone, 105mb internet, 1 DVR for $110 (with tax = $125ish per month) for a 12 month contact. Went up to $119 after that. Not bad :dunno:

I now pay $109 for HBO + Redzone plus whatever other tv channels I get with the package and 50mbs internet.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
The best Comcast techs I've had the pleasure of working with are the ones that rip on and talk shit about Comcast as a company along with you, the customer :bowrofl:

Yep, every time I've ever dealt with a tech, it's always been a third party contractor talking shit about Comcrap while getting my service up. :rofl:

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
My only complaint with Comcast is the price... Called a few weeks ago and got faster internet and their "triple play" package for $50 less per month then my previous bill...

They sent a new modem that adds the phone line, but it's just sitting in the box and I'm still using the 6120 surfboard I've had forever...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info