Wiring electrica gurus step right in!

Just want someone to check my work before i power up this oven I built. Its for my vacuum former.

I added a thermostat to regulate the temperature. So the thermostat should energize the relay which will complete the heater circuit when there is a call for heat. I drew up the diagram from my head i cant remember all the symbols so its a little rough. I used a terminal block to split some connections with a jumper. I will also have a neutral coming off the terminal block which will run to the metal heater box. The plan is god for bid something metal where to fall in or i stuck my hand in there it would ground out and trip the breaker/fuse? or should i not bother to ground the box?

3 wire power coming in, power to relay, split off to controller
neutral to block which feeds 1 leg of heater and then neuthral to controller
ground to terminal block

2 white wires are for the heater 1 to neutral block the other off relay

heating element with thermcouple

gauge / thermostat

This is at my house. I'm using it to form headlight, tail light and timing covers. If anyone needs something formed let me know. I can do rc bodies as well. The hardest part is making the mold. I did my first few pulls and was getting bubbles I think the plastic was boiling. I lowered the elements and added the thermostat to hopefully stop that. Thanks for the Help here are some more pictures for those interested.

Well my wiring is good but I'm still not having success. I got the plastic up to 240 it felt sponge enough but it didn't pull hard enough. So either the plastic was not hot enough or not enough vacuum. I'll try again tomorrow. I only used 1 stage of vacuum I'm afraid to over load my circuit. I need to take some amp readings to figure how many extension cords I need to run lol.

So first pull I tried shop vac, I figured this is thin plastic won't need both stages. Well shop vac didn't do much so second try I used the vacuum pump/tank that the unit sits on I got a better pull but I also had the plastic hotter. So I guess my next step is to run both vacuums at the same time but I need to get some amp readings so I can figure out if I can run both at the same time. In the summer I ran both pumps in garage with 20 amp circuit no issue. Now I'm in the man cave and it's only 15 amp.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info