Question for Ebay sellers

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
as a seller, what's a fair wait time before opening an unpaid item case with ebay? A week? 2 weeks?

I'm not worried about not getting paid. I've dealt with this buyer before, they are just really slow to pay me. Everyone else can manage to pay within 3 seconds to 2 days after auction end. This guy has 100% 700+ feedback, with plenty of recent "quick payment", "prompt payment" feedback left from other sellers which is confusing to me. I've invoiced them, sent a message for payment status. Nothing. This is the 3rd time I've sold to this seller, with them taking weeks to pay until I opened an unpaid case. As a buyer, I've always paid instantly after buying stuff. Idk, maybe my definition of "prompt" is different than others :dunno:

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Minimum for Ebay is 2 days. I have the "Unpaid Item Assistant" turned on to automatically open a case if they haven't paid within 2.

Also, every time I accidentally forget to uncheck Global Shipping, some 0 reputation, newly created account from Mexico or Russia wins the auction and never responds or pays.... So there's that going on.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
I thought I was being generous waiting a week. Agreed completely - if you cant pay for it, don't bid.

Minimum for Ebay is 2 days. I have the "Unpaid Item Assistant" turned on to automatically open a case if they haven't paid within 2.

Also, every time I accidentally forget to uncheck Global Shipping, some 0 reputation, newly created account from Mexico or Russia wins the auction and never responds or pays.... So there's that going on.

I opted out of global shipping, I dislike that is enabled by default. I have zero intentions of selling something outside the US on ebay. I'll usually cancel and bids from newly created accounts 0 reputation accounts too. Happens frequently, wish ebay would go after those obvious fake/scammer accounts.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I thought I was being generous waiting a week. Agreed completely - if you cant pay for it, don't bid.

I opted out of global shipping, I dislike that is enabled by default. I have zero intentions of selling something outside the US on ebay. I'll usually cancel and bids from newly created accounts 0 reputation accounts too. Happens frequently, wish ebay would go after those obvious fake/scammer accounts.

I just opted out of it now... So frustrating.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I believe eBay automatically opens an unpaid case after a certain amount of time. I've gone through it when somebody clicked an item I was selling for $35,000. Guy tried saying he wanted it for $27k and I said no. I clicked the cancel and told him to accept the cancel. Took him 2 weeks and me threatening legal action to get him to do so. I was about to get charged a $1500 felling fee. Luckily everything got sorted out before they did.

Foques

He who caN
Jul 18, 2008
Streamwood

how do you set it up?

You might need a PayPal Business account, but I set all my listing to require payment immediately otherwise the item stays for sale

I have this requirement on my page.. And I still got a negative feedback from a douchebag who paid 5 days late and was upset that I wouldn't ship overnight for the same $$..

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il

I don't even understand the point of those assholes, I've had that happen many times before too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info